duplication

Options
Jayeffel
Jayeffel Member ✭✭

almost overtime I update the Quicken system I have on Mac ( Quicken 18- not sure what update, most recent I think) many all accounts duplicate some payments and deposits, not all. This latest update did that an d it really messes up ther accounts. This time is messed up the screen and I cannot see what I used to see. It shows some payees by some order,not chronological as usual. the screen is different in layout also. Anyway to revers the new update without again terrorizing the accounts?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Can you actually clarify what version of Quicken you are using, as it will help in understanding what you are describing. With Quicken running, pull down the left-most menu, Quicken, to About Quicken; it will show the version. You mentioned Quicken 18 and I'm not clear what that means. Do you mean Quicken 2018? (That would be version 5.something). Do you have a current Quicken subscription, or are you using this old version without a subscription? You said this happens when you update Quicken on your Mac, but there have been no updates to Quicken 2018 for years.

In terms of your screens, can you post a screen shot or two to illustrate what you're seeing; you can block out and personal or sensitive information. That will make it easier for us to understand what you're trying to describe and offer suggestions to get back to normal.

One quick tip: if your transactions aren't in chronological order, you may have clicked one of the other column headings without realizing it. Quicken sorts the transactions by whatever column heading you click on. The currently sorted column heading is in blue and has a blue line over it, and a "v" or "^" icon to indicate the current sort order. So click on the Date heading to re-sort by date. (Click on the Date heading a second time if you want the sort order reversed.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

I had answered this once i thought: Using Quicken Classic Deluxe Version 7.3.2 *Build 703.50456.100) Mac OS 13.6. on iMac-macOs Ventura 13.6.

An update got things messed up somehow but I did get the screen back in chronological order.

Almost every update I get duplicate entries going back a weak but not all entries, I see no pattern.

I also have Quicken on my iPhone, is there a chance the phone and the computer cross info somehow? I do have iCloud which I have very limited knowledge of.

• Jayeffel
    Jayeffel Member ✭✭
    Options

It was Quicken 2017 0r 2018 I believe when I started to start with, but with updates or new purchase I am not sure now., it now shows Quicken Classic Deluxe Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) McOS 13.6; using Mac Ventura 13.6.

I must have accidentally hit a button or a recent update triggered it somehow - the column with a black dot and up pointing arrow. Once I hit that it now shows Chronological listings. It is showing ther dates the way I like, newest on the bottom.

But what I do not understand is how when updating the app some entries but not all become duplicated. And this duplication goes back a way, this time I went back to February 2023 finding duplicate entries. I have had to make numerous correction to get the balance to reconcile.

Once I am sure that the bank balance agrees with what I know should be correct I can reconcile. But now that bank account and my Quicken account do not agree. I had made a new Account under savings for a project, transferred money from the Draft account to that new account. I had $2500.00 transferred over a few dates. That way it would be available but not that accessible. I saw that account would not be needed for its intended purpose so transferred it back to the draft account.

The problem is Quicken now shows, or should show when fully reconciled correctly, $2500.00 more than the bank will. If I spend that money I will over drawn per the bank. I guess what I did was correct. I had the money to transfer to that account.

Getting me all twisted.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you are sometimes but not always seeing some duplicate entries, I always suspect (perhaps correctly, perhaps not) the syncing with the Quicken mobile app. If you can live without the mobile app for a while, you might try disabling syncing and removing your data from Quicken's cloud server and running that way for month or so, past the next update, to see if the problem disappears or keeps happening.

To sever the tie to any of your data being in Quicken's cloud server (for the mobile app), go to Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn Sync to OFF. Then go to Settings > Connected Services, and click the Reset button for Quicken Cloud. This causes Quicken to delete your current cloud data and create a new dataset which has only information about your Quicken ID, but not any of your transactions or banking credentials.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.