How can I get a consolidated category Summary report in my base currency (Q Mac)

Options
Barry Rughani
Barry Rughani Member
edited December 2023 in Reports (Mac)

How can I get a consolidated category Summary report in my base currency

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your selection criteria for the report finds transactions in more than one currency, there will be a Currency filter visible on the right side of the set-up selector row:

At this time, reports in Quicken can display only one currency at a time; there is no way to convert transactions from one currency to another for reports. If you have two (or more) currencies, you will have to produce two (or more) reports by changing the Currency selector.

The developers have said they plan to implement additional multi-currency support for Quicken Mac in the future, but we don't know when that functionality will arrive.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your selection criteria for the report finds transactions in more than one currency, there will be a Currency filter visible on the right side of the set-up selector row:

At this time, reports in Quicken can display only one currency at a time; there is no way to convert transactions from one currency to another for reports. If you have two (or more) currencies, you will have to produce two (or more) reports by changing the Currency selector.

The developers have said they plan to implement additional multi-currency support for Quicken Mac in the future, but we don't know when that functionality will arrive.

• Barry Rughani
    Options

What I do not understand that when the software can show you your net asset at the Bottom of the column on left side by combining all the currencies to your base currency, then why can it not produce reports in your base currency by combining all the multi currencies accounts? For Quicken to be recognized a true multi currency software then the developers must provide facility to produce reports in your base currency by converting all the multi currencies by using the system rate of exchange.

• jacobs
    Options

For Quicken to be recognized a true multi currency software then the developers must provide facility to produce reports in your base currency by converting all the multi currencies by using the system rate of exchange.

You’re absolutely correct. And Quicken Mac currently has only limited support for multi-currency users. The developers have stated that full multi-currency functionality is planned for sometime in the future.

So why does it do currency conversion on the fly in the left sidebar? My guess is that it was a relatively easy feature to add. The sidebar conversion doesn’t require any history, just the current conversion rates. But for multi-currency support at the transaction level, they need to build into the database the conversion rates at the time it happened, and they haven’t tackled that yet.

This discussion has been closed.