Citi CC-502: Since No Fix Has Surfaced, AGAIN

Options
VorDesigns
VorDesigns Member ✭✭

What is the recommended method for downloading transactions manually from CitiBank that will minimize the chance of duplicates? This is starting to be a habit rather than isolated incidences.

It's month end and some of us actually need the reporting and reconciliation features to close their month.

Based on the volume of incidents across September and October alone, I find that I am fortunate that I have any transactions for October at all,

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any time you change download methods, those being Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Express Web Connect + or Web Connect, you have a chance of getting duplicates since the FITID entry in each transaction could and probably does have a different method of being generated. The FITID is what Quicken uses to prevent duplicates.

After the initial download by the different method, you shouldn't get anymore duplicates until you switch methods again.

The one method that rarely ever has a problem is the manually (you download it from the FI's website) downloaded Web Connect .QFX file. If you use it and stick with it, you should not have any issues with duplicates.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• VorDesigns
    VorDesigns Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, a month of failures is ridiculous and I don't see anything about a discount on renewals being offered, just lip service.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You never mentioned the type of accounts affected by the "Citi CC-502" problem. Just a Citi credit card account, or do you also have checking or other types of accounts?

• VorDesigns
    VorDesigns Member ✭✭
    Options

@UKR,

Just business credit card.

All other FI downloads are working. I've noted that this is an ongoing problem but, it doesn't seem to some Quicken feels any urgency for.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Deactivate that credit card and then reactivate it using Tools / Add Account. Select "Citi Cards" as the Financial Institution name and your usual Citi userID and password. If that finds your credit card then Link it to your existing account register.

Using "Citi Cards" for my Citi credit card has worked without problems for years.

• VorDesigns
    VorDesigns Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, now I get a bad password (CC-503) went to log into Citi and they locked my account due to multiple failures (Quicken). I changed the password, updated quicken and it is still failing. Quicken's 3rd party password storage is now suspect because I copied the password I entered and used it to log in with a browser.

• VorDesigns
    VorDesigns Member ✭✭
    Options

Gotta figure out how to skirt Quickens buggy WebConnect. Password failure remains which means either the update process in Qucken doesn't work, Quicken developers aren't properly refreshing an in app password cache bucket, or the 3rd party isn't holding up it's end of the bargain.

This is stupid.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You aren't using Web Connect. Web Connect is you logging into the financial institution's website and manually downloading a Web Connect .QFX file that you import into Quicken by File→Import (or double clicking on the .QFX file to trigger Quicken to import it).

Your problem is with Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.