Fidelity NetBenefits and Quicken Disagree on holdings & Value

Options
Earl Zier
Earl Zier Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I've been having problems with this account for some time. I've removed and reinstalled twice. The current problem is a difference in total value between Quicken and Fidelity. I've noted these specific differences.

Fidelity shows SSGA Income Fund values, but Quicken split the total value into two holdings:

State Street Income; the most shares

SSGA Income Fund; a few shares but they both total correctly. Why the split?

The difference in total value for the account is an "unidentified security", some 37 shares. I've seen Quicken list unidentified share before. Why can't it identify the security? The Fidelity online amount is less than the Quicken value for the account.

Another issue when I remove and reinstall the account, Quicken shows not only the holding values, but a cash amount equal to the holdings value. One of the display formats lets me zero out the cash value and one will not.

I also get "place holder" notices for (I believe) purchase values.

Comments

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Found the reason for the 37 share problem. A dividend reinvestment lacked the security name in the download. Found the transaction on the Fidelity site, entered the security name in Quicken, and everything totals correctly. Should not have to do this kind of debug.

Still have the Income fund split security name problem. Will try to resolve next.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a couple of general comments.

1. Fidelity Net Benefits has been having lots of problems recently due to them not sending the correct information. From what I understand they have fixed that now, but there is no telling what bad information was already downloaded.
    2. Quicken's transaction data can't be any better than what is sent to it, and it very much a known fact that not all of the financial institutions send the correct transaction information all the time. It is just the nature of the game that one can't just download investment transactions and assume they are correct. They need to be checked.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your insight. I did partially resolve the issue of the split between State Street fund and the SSGA fund in the initial report. The small amount was again a dividend to the SSGA account. I changed it to the State Street account and now all the amount in Quicken are correct. The remaining problem is that my Quicken fund and Fidelity Fund stocks have different names. If you look up the ticker symbol "SSASX" it shows the State Street name. I'll have to see what happens with my next update.

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

No problems with the update.

This discussion has been closed.