Why do all my actual figures show as zero on the Current Budget report?

David - Church
David - Church Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I just backed up my old version of Quicken (Starter Edition 2013 - Release R 12 (22.1.12.7) and transferred it to a new computer and latest version of Quicken (R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33). All of the transactions seem to be there with the correct categories. When I run the Current Budget report for YTD, all the Actual figures are zero with the same categories and sub-categories as on the old version. I have even tried just entering a new transaction and selecting the category from the list, but the actual figure in that category is still zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent a few hours on the phone and in chat with Quicken support, but they seem to be unable to hellp me.

TYIA

David

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Please verify that you have included the categories in the current budget report.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you visited the Planning tab / Budgets view / Annual view yet, to see that a budget for 2023 has been loaded?

In the Current Budget Report have you checked that, in the report view's header section, Date Range, Budget (table name) and Budget Year are correctly selected?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Also are you still running the Starter Edition? You may need Deluxe or above to support budget reports.

QWin Premier subscription
  • David - Church
    David - Church Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I'm not sure exactly how to respond to individual comments. Maybe I am not supposed to.

@Bob L - Thanks for your response. All of the lines in the report have values in the Budget report and the difference is the budget number as a positive in the Expenses section and negative numbers in the Income section.

@UKR - Thank you for your response. I don't have the Planning tab at the top. I only have Home and Spending. I'm not sure what that means. In the Current Budget report I DO have the correct Date Range, Budget, and Budget Year. I do have values in the Budget column, so I assume that the budget values are correctly entered. (See my response to Bob L above.

@Jim Harman - Thanks for your response. At the top of my screen it says, "Quicken Classic Deluxe" so I assume that I am not still on the "Starter Edition". That was also on the old computer. (Which unfortunately I have had to revert back to because I need to get a report out with some correct figures.)

This discussion has been closed.