Red arrow for transfer accounts

Options
Jonathan Perkins
Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with several accounts where a red arrow shows next to a transfer account's name, and if I click that arrow, an error message pops up saying "This transaction has one or more invalid transfers."

However the account name exists and is correct, as you can see in these screen shots.

If I click there arrow in the transfer dialog box and scroll down to the account name and select it, when I return to the transaction the transfer field is blank.

The only way I can get this to work is to select different transfer account, save the transaction, go back, and fix it. Then it stays.

Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Strange. Kinda smells like some kind of database corruption. You can try toggling the checkbox "Allow creation of linked transfers using the Category field" in Quicken > Settings > Register (although I doubt it will help).

To try to see if it's database corruption, you could try exporting a .QXF file (menu File > Export) and then importing that into a new file (File > New, then select Start From a Quicken for Windows File and select your .QXF file). The QXF export/import process is very glitchy, but if you test this in the new file and it works, that would tend to indicate some corruption in your original file.

If this is happening only in certain accounts, and if these are banking (not investing) accounts, then another thing you could try is to create a new account and drag and drop all transactions from the original account to the new one in the sidebar. Then you can test and see if the new account doesn't have the issue. If so, you can delete the old account. Repeat for each account that's giving you problems. Make sure you make a backup before such experiments.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Were these transactions with the transfer account errors created from a scheduled transaction? I think there have been several reports of scheduled transactions with transfers which turn into transfer errors when posted.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jonathan Perkins
    Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No, but I think they were instances where the transactions were entered manually, then matched later by a download. My recollection is that they were fine when entered, but the linking problem happens when the download and match occurs.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

That's a clue. You could try right-click on the transaction and Reject Automatic Match, then see if the transfer becomes valid.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.