Delete a Business Tag

Options
chriskay
chriskay Member ✭✭✭

I must have set up one business tag when I first set up my business account in Quicken Business and Home Classic. Now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete it. It is the one tag that does not auto-fill when I type the first two letters of the tag. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Tools > Tag List. You can delete or edit the Tag there.

The only time I have seen a Tag not autofill when typing in the first 1-2 letters of the tag is when the 1st 2-3 letters (or more) were shared with another Tag. Perhaps that is the cause of in your situation?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I was trying to delete the tag, which is designated a business tag. You can't delete it without removing the business account itself, which I do not want to do. I didn't want it popping up as an autofill, which can be prevented by hiding the tag. So, the universe continues...

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@chriskay - I was not aware of that tags could be designated as business tags and that they cannot be deleted without deleting the business account. That seems a bit extreme to me but perhaps someone else with more knowledge of Business & Personal will pop in here and be able to provide you with some good advice on this matter.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It does seem a bit harsh, but it may be related to the business reports that you can draw up. Delete a tag and the search engine, profit loss, etc. can be skewed. I only have one business tag that happened when I set up the business account so I manually changed all transactions that had that tag to the "other" tag designation. It is not a big deal for me, I just think reports based on tags (as opposed to a memo or category search is more precise for me.

This discussion has been closed.