Unable to import QFX downloaded from Union Bank / US Bank (edit)

Options
fishyOne
fishyOne Member ✭✭

Hi,

Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100)

Mac OS14

I download the QFX file as usual. I try to import as usual.

There's a quickly disappearing notification that it's downloading…X. transactions.

But they aren't there.

The only thing I can think of….my bank (Union) was purchased by another (US Bank). I'm not attempting to import through WebConnect, so that's not a factor. But would it make a difference in the data somehow?

Yes, I can ask the bank but….not likely to get a useful answer.

I'm reluctant to start with a new account, for the new bank, because I have a long history. I guess it could be merged?

Thank you

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1. You said you weren't importing through WebConnect, but when you import a downloaded .qfx file from your bank into Quicken, that *is* WebConnect. 😉
    2. Yes, if the bank was bought, it's possible you'll need to create a new account in Quicken.
    3. And yes, you can then simply open your old account, select all transactions, and drag-and-drop them onto the new account in the left sidebar. So you'll maintain your history in one account if that's the way you want it.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

For Web Connect, you shouldn't need to create a new account if you don't want to. Assuming the problem is that the bank ID embedded in the downloaded file has changed because of the acquisition, I think if you go into account settings & disconnect the account then re-import the file, you'll get a chance to associate the account with the new bank ID embedded in the file.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what is the EXACT name of the Union Bank you currently have created for your Quicken Account ?

Also - can you log into your online account at Union Bank or US Bank - and see your accounts ?
    Does the website have any info about the merger ?
    What is the URL you use to log into the online bank website ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• fishyOne
    fishyOne Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for setting me straight! I thought "web connect" was a direct download through the website.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks for setting me straight! I thought "web connect" was a direct download through the website.

There are two types of connection Quicken can make with a financial institution: (1) a small number of financial institutions support "Direct Connect", where Quicken connects directly to the financial institutions's servers (not their consumer-facing website that you see), or (2) the somewhat more-common connection called Quicken Connect for Mac (for Windows, it's called Express Web Connect, or EWC and EWC+), where Quicken's servers connect to the financial institution to download and hold your transactions until your local Quicken connects to Quicken's servers to download those transactions.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.