Investment Transaction report

acs2
acs2 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I am trying to create a report for an Investment account that lists all XIn and Deposits for a given time span. Do do this I ran an Investment transaction report and tried to use Actions as the filter. I found XIn in the list of Actions. There was not a Deposit choice in the list that I could find.

How would someone suggest that would capture XIn and deposits for an Investment account.

Windows 10 PC Quicken Classic premium most up to date version

thanks

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use an Action of Cash but that will pick up Withdrawals too.

QWin Premier subscription
  • acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭

I tried actions of Cash and XIn as you suggested but only XIn appeared in the report. There were no deposits listed by including cash in the actions. I'm finding Investment reports are not as facile as bank reports.

Other ideas?

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭

Jim

Ignore my last post. I went back to look at Actions after selecting just Cash and XIn. I found different actions were checked than what I initially chose. Interestingly in the Actions Tab, I cleared all and scanned the list to be sure all were unchecked which they were. Then I checked Cash and looked at the list of Actions. I found when I checked cash checks were automatically added to MscExp, MscInc, MscExpX and MscIncX.

In the end by selecting Cash , unselecting those auto included and checking XIn the report was complete. I honestly think Quicken should include all Actions in the drop down list when creating reports. > adding Deposits to the list of actions would have made creating the report easier

This discussion has been closed.