CIT Bank Online no connection

Options
Ken Weissberg
Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭

Started having a problem downloading today (11/6/23). Tried deactivating and reactivating. Quicken could not connect with CIT Bank to reactive the accounts Seems like the same problem a month or two ago.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you referring to this Alert?
    RESOLVED 10/19/23 CIT Bank Online/CIT Bank N.A. New Login - CC-502/FDP-102

If the problem persists for more than 24 hours and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I started to have the same issue this morning with Cit Bank.

• Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue here, starting on 11/6/23 and continuing today.

• Gene K in PA
    Gene K in PA Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, yesterday and again today.

• rszimm
    rszimm Member
    Options

Yep. Still a problem

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think, there's a new "fly in the ointment" at CIT.
    Please read this new Alert and bookmark it, to receive updates.
    NEW! 11/6/23 CIT Bank Online - FDP-163; Invalid Wareki Year

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

CIT bank revised their website and since then, OSU stopped working and reactivating results in an error,.

• rk photo
    rk photo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same old story with quicken, "We are aware of the issue but no eta of resolving it"

It worked fine a few weeks ago!!!

Anybody have any idea what changed????

• mikerdoo
    mikerdoo Member ✭✭
    Options

CIT revised their web site. If you bookmarked the old login page, it doesn't work. You need to go to the main page and follow to the new login screen. This issue with Quicken seems related to that.

• rk photo
    rk photo Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike, logging in on a web browser works fine. Just can’t on quicken. Hopefully it’s resolved soon.

• mikerdoo
    mikerdoo Member ✭✭
    Options

I reestablished my connections in Quicken with CIT (BTW, the "NEW LOGIN"option when setting up accounts) and it seems to be working again.

• whodiini
    Options

started working again yesterday. Was able to do a new online connection.

• whodiini
    Options

Unfortunately, every OSU Quicken asks for a OTP from CIT bank. No other institution requires it. So it is not completely fixed.

• N8WRL
    N8WRL Member ✭✭
    Options

Sometimes more than once! When I heard things were better yesterday, I re-connected Quicken to CIT and it asked me for a code four times during the account discovery process.

To be fair, Wells Fargo was pretty OTP-y at first, and it has calmed down, only asking me every 5 connections or so. Maybe CIT will too?

• clark W
    clark W Member ✭✭
    Options

CIT still asking for two factor ID when downloading on 11/11

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken couldn't log in at all for a few days. The last couple of days it can log in but I am asked for the 2FA every time. That could be CiT (they've done that before) or Quicken, hard to say.

• whodiini
    Options

glad to know it just isnt me. Pain to always have to 2FA every OSU.

• jon857
    jon857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Has anyone placed a ticket with CIT about why a multi factor confirmation step is required with each download session that we are all experiencing? I know this happens when my browser updates but then I'm okay for awhile as it is recognized as a "trusted device". Somehow the handshake between Quicken & CIT doesn't seem to establish this "trusted device" session on repeat download/update activity.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is very annoying and quite ridiculous that a multi factor confirmation step is required with each download session in Windows and mobile APP….UGH!!!!😡

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree. Have you told CiT Bank about it?

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I called CIT Bank and was told that their new system will always require confirmation unless enough people complain. So let's complain.

• N8WRL
    N8WRL Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, lets do complain. It does not require 2FA every time logging in "as a person" to their website. Only thru Quicken.

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

CIT is getting worse, if that's possible. Both yesterday & today no 2 FA, but the Express Web connection did not work at all. Check the account list and see when the last time the update occurred. Probably 11/18th.

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just tried and CiT worked fine (well, it still asked for 2FA, so not fine fine, but as it's been working for a week or two). I didn't have any transactions to download so don't know if that would have worked or not, but everything else indicates it worked.

• N8WRL
    N8WRL Member ✭✭
    Options

I've called and complained twice. Still getting 2FA prompt every time I reconcile with Quicken. As others has observed, CIT does not do that when logging in directly, only thru Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.