New England Federal Credit Union - NEFCU changes to downloading (edit)

Options

This bank just went through a new online conversion. Quicken will not update until the website at Quicken is updated. How long does this take?

Comments

• sflander
    sflander Member
    Options

Same here!! Please hurry!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit Inc., of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • You also need to contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

so - what happens - any error messages or codes ?
    Any mention on the NEFCU website of the changes - especially mentioning Quicken downloading ?

13180 13180 13180 New England FCU
    https://www.nefcu.com/ 802-879-8790
    https://online.nefcu-vsecu.com/login ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

from the NEFCU website -
    https://www.nefcu.com/content/docs/NEFCU_Digital-Banking_Brochure_Nov6_FINAL_CLEAN.pdf

it appears that the migration might be that only the manual downloading is supported -

You will need to deactivate the connection to Quicken/Quickbooks you previously established with your
    Digital Banking. Moving forward, to transfer data between your accounting software and Digital Banking,
    you will
    export the data from Digital Banking and upload it to Quicken/QuickBooks. Note that
    you should not create a new instance of your bank account(s) within Quicken/QuickBooks
    when you import transactions. Doing so will result in multiple accounts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ejraymond1
    Options

still having ongoing problems with my loan accounts in the one step download . Has anyone got this work as all the saving account and checking seem to work fine. I don't even have a reconcile or download option available for individual accounts. Has anyone been able to get it to work yet? Quicken support has not been able to solve the issue for me so far. still waiting for a solution.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just my 2cents' worth …
    For best results do not attempt to activate any loan or mortgage accounts for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account.
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up as offline credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category name seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018 and newer
    you should be able to deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register. And you should also review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• ejraymond1
    Options

interesting you would say this I have been using quicken for well over 20 plus years and have always been able to down load these accounts. This issue did not present itself until after NEFCU and VSECF merged there data together over the last weekend. Seem like they did not test there system very well to me and now there is a software issue either on the banks ends or quicken. I have the same problem with the mortgage and HELOC accounts as I have with the Auto loan accounts. However I believe if I want to manually manage the data you are correct I can deactivate the accounts and do that. But I should not have to do that.

• com1padres
    com1padres Member ✭✭
    Options

No one here is going to like this answer but it appears that NEFCU has chosen to cease support for Quicken Direct Connect. Go to the NEFCU website and use the search function to search for Quicken. Click the link to Digital banking update and you can read that you must now download your transactions from the banking website and then import them into Quicken. This is a shortsighted decision on the part of NEFCU, where I have proudly banked for 20+ years, and a huge step backwards technologically. I may need to move my main account back over to NorthCountry which still support Direct Connect. Here is what they wrote on that liked page:

Quicken/QuickBooks

What's New
    The method for transferring data from your Digital Banking accounts to Quicken/QuickBooks is changing.

How to Prepare
    You will need to deactivate the connection to Quicken/Quickbooks you previously established with your Digital Banking. Moving forward, to transfer data between your accounting software and Digital Banking, you will export the data from Digital Banking and upload it to Quicken/QuickBooks. Note that you should not create a new instance of your bank account(s) within Quicken/QuickBooks when you import transactions. Doing so will result in multiple accounts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

posted the same info in this topic - back on November 10 -

here is the current Quicken config - Nov 16 -
    and it does not list Direct Connect - only Express Web Connect (if true) & manual downloading Web Connect

13180 13180 13180 New England FCU
    https://www.nefcu.com/ 802-879-8790
    https://online.nefcu-vsecu.com/login ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mary133
    Mary133 Member ✭✭
    Options

That is disappointing that NEFCU has decided to not continue with Quicken direct connect. I have been a customer for over 20 years. Who goes backward technologically????

This discussion has been closed.