Where can I download software?

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭

I have searched, but was getting too many irrelevant results…

I am running R51.12, and don't really want to upgrade right now, considering what I've been reading here about more recent updates.

But I WOULD like to see if uninstalling/reinstalling R51.12 solves any of the issues I'm having.

FROM WHERE would I download an earlier release?

And - any caveats / tips for doing a really clean uninstall/reinstall?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has. Scroll down the screen about halfway and you will see a section with months and years shown. Click on those month/year options to view the older versions until you find the one you want. R51.12 is under August 2023.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

if you are running R51.xx have you taken any steps that prevents Quicken from performing its auto download and install of "current" updates -
    like changing the Windows UAC setting ?

Also - do you have a current subscription that has not expired - … Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes, I prevent automatic download/installs.

I have a current subscription that has NOT expired.

I downloaded the R51.12 version that I have, but failed to note that it is apparently only a patch, so now I'm getting "Quicken is not installed in this machine." I logged into my account and downloaded the "base" windows software there - but it bumped me up to R52.28, unfortunately. Also getting lots of errors about an error during installation that requires that I manually uninstall before reinstalling (only, I did manually uninstall before reinstalling!), and then about Quicken failing to install FIRDIR.txt.

What do I do next? I knew I shouldn't have started this reinstall …

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@EmKay - That R51.12 file link I pointed you to should be what used to be called the Mondo Patch for that version. Running that file should downgrade your R52.28 installation to R51.12. Have you tried doing that?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks - I was freaking out, a bit.

The first time I uninstalled, I used the "Remove software" app and, apparently, that does not really uninstall Quicken. So I used the "old fashioned" control panel (why are there two different modes of operation like this, in Windows??) to uninstall, and that MOSTLY removed the program directory (so I renamed that directory) and then I installed from the full version. It seemed to install correctly I will work with it for a bit before deciding if I need to roll back with the patch. I appreciate the clarification.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can download an older version of the Quicken installer from:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/install-for-quicken-2018---subscription.html

Disconnect from the Internet first to make sure Quicken doesn't update and then run the R51.12 Mondo patch.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.