Misleading offers on the webpage

Options
JoeColorado
JoeColorado Member
edited December 2023 in Before you Buy

saying 50% until 12/4/23 and when you try to order it only offers 40%

When contacting their support you only get an "I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused"

How [mess]ed up is that?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@JoeColorado Assuming you're not an existing user, because Quicken's sales almost always apply only to new users, the difference in cost between 50% off and 40% off if you're buying Quicken Premier is a little over $8; for Quicken Deluxe it's $6. Of course, no one likes to feel ripped off, but in the grand scheme of things, this isn't such a big deal. To be clear, I'm not justifying that their flash promotion offer and their checkout page aren't in sync; it's definitely annoying. I just don't know if it's worth losing much time or effort over.

They often pop up different promotions to different people at different times. When I look on quicken.com in a browser which isn't logged in, I'm not seeing that flash sale and I'm presented with 40% off pricing:

Note that after the "40% off", there's a little dagger symbol (†) — which appears to also be after the "50%" on your screen shot — which requires scrolling way down to examine the fine print to see the conditions. In my case, it shows this:

This is standard language for Quicken new user promotions.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoeColorado
    Options

I was on the page two days ago (while travelling out of country) and could not purchase then. The discount applied to all products ( I am looking at the high end).

50% of X is different than 40% of X, regardless of the 12 month duration that is listed. What concerns me is that the promo states until 12/4/23 and when you want to order it, it is not available

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah - it’s not even there today.
    AND these discounts only apply to NEW Quicken email accounts that have never been previously used or expired -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JoeColorado
    Options

still get to it: https://www.quicken.com/lp/em/flashsale/?coupon_code=32LPSV6MF4HA9Y

• jacobs
    Options

@JoeColorado But the question is, when you create your Quicken ID/quicken.com login, and put something in the case, does it actuaslly give you the 50% off price in your cart? (I can't test this, since it won't give me the discount because I'm an existing user, and I don't want to create a new ID which will then receive Quicken email offers until forever. 🤣)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

just wondering how that "flash sale" popped up - as it doesn't now appear on the main - Quicken.com - website ?
    https://www.quicken.com/lp/em/flashsale/?coupon_code=32LPSV6MF4HA9Y
    Did you follow some other link, search, etc - or was it right there on the normal - Quicken.com - main page ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    Options

In my experience, the offers one gets on the Quicken website may depend on the presence or absence of any quicken.com cookies in your browser. Anyone who is a current user or recent visitor to the site may not get the same offer as someone who's visiting the site for the first time, or firs time in a long time. I've sometimes visited the website using different web browsers and different computers at the same time, and got very different promo pricing. And who knows what other ad tracking data they use to target certain types of people they think are potential users.

This discussion has been closed.