Investments portion of Quicken

Options
busepp7
busepp7 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have used Quicken/Investments for years with no problems. About 2 weeks ago I could only see the summary level of each portfolio. The on-line tech tried everything he could to find the trouble, with no solution. He sold me a tech support package for 3 years (with $0 renewal cost for about $515). That seems to be a mistake on my part. After a week, he was supposed to put it on a priority list for upper tier techs. After another week I got another tech that could not solve the problem online, but he is going to put it on the hot list. It may be another 2 weeks though.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

You are talking to a scammer. Quicken does not sell tech support packages.

Your accounts may have been switched to Simple mode, which only shows a dashboard view of each account. To fix this, just go into each account's Account Details. On the General tab, switch the Tracking Method from Simple to Complete. If you have had transactions during the time the account was in Simple mode, you may have to correct the transaction list to return it to accuracy.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately it appears that you have been working with a fake Quicken support site. Genuine Quicken support is included in the cost of your subscription. To contact genuine Quicken support, go to Help > Contact Support from inside the Quicken program.

To answer your question, it sounds like your investing accounts have changed to Simple mode. To convert an account back to Complete mode, click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Edit account details. Under Tracking method, select Complete.

QWin Premier subscription
  • busepp7
    busepp7 Member ✭✭
    Options

My Investments account is not tied to my regular Quicken Accounts. It is a seperate logon and does not have anyway I can see to change Simple mode.

If I go to the main Quicken account and hit tools/accounts, it wonly shows my bank account and credit card account.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the investments, are you logging in to investing.quicken.com? That is completely separate from the desktop Quicken program, except that you can feed data from the desktop program to portfolios at investing.quicken.com.

Apparently there is an issue with the website, see this Alert

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.