Linking Amazon gift card as customer

Options

I'm on Win 10 running Quicken Classic Deluxe. I want to link my Amazon gift card but I don't have credentials. I've tried to get into Synchrony but apparently I need to be a seller for that. I'm just a customer. Is there any way to do this?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You got an Amazon gift card? Is it for a lot? Like you will use it for many purchases? I would set up an Amazon Card account (as a checking or cash account) for the balance on the card then enter each purchase. You might have to enter it manually.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Amazon gift cards (for customers) aren't credit/debit cards (I don't think any gift card is). There isn't an account at a financial institution, that is why you have no credentials.

You "apply" them as the payment method at checkout:

Or you can use "Redeem a Gift Card", which will add it to your gift card balance and track here:

And then basically by default it will take first from the gift card balance and then, if need be, another payment method you have setup.

There isn't any way to link to the Amazon gift card balance. I you want to keep track of what you have spent on a gift card you would have to do it manually like @volvogirl suggested, or just use the above.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW Who?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.