Why are holdings in bank investment account shown as 10% of number in Quicken

Options

I am setting up an investment account that I hold at Wells Fargo in Quicken. I am connecting successfully and all the data seems to have downloaded okay. However when I look at the holdings in Quicken and compare with the actual holding in WF, the Quicken figure is exactly 10% of the correct number. For example, I hold 5300 shares in WF, reported as 52.30 in Quicken.

Any ideas what is going wrong here or how I can correct this to reflect true balance?

Answers

• dave_new
    dave_new Member
    Options

Update typo above……….. 5300 shares in WF shows as 53.00 shares in Quicken

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what's in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to that WF investment account.

Also, do TOOLS, Security List and click on the Security name to bring up it's description. Please take a snapshot of the "Security Detail View" and post it here.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dave_new
    dave_new Member
    Options

In the Transaction Download column, it says " Yes (Direct Connect)"

The 11/8 addition of 5150.97 was me correcting the number of shares that I own to reflect the WF amount. The 8/31 is the "10%" amount that Direct Connect brought over

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try changing the Security Type to "Stock".
    Bonds are a different type and, IIRC, are usually traded in multiples of 100

• dave_new
    dave_new Member
    Options

I tried doing as suggested above by changing the type to "Stock" then I deleted the account and then redownloaded all the information (see snapshots below). It is still only showing 10% of actual holdings which should be 5392.822 and 5203 respectively):

This discussion has been closed.