Do I still need Quicken Business?

Options
Ben
Ben Member ✭✭✭

I no longer have rentals, which was the main reason I originally subscribed to the Home & Business edition. With the changing of the names… I started looking at the differences between premier and the "Business & Personal" subscriptions.

I do have farm income/expense that goes through Schedule F. Does premier still let me have all the business tax line item categories and run the end of year tax schedule report to see things fall to schedule F and C? Or does it require the highest edition for that end of year report?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I use Premier.

When you or Quicken for that matter creates a category and assign it the Schedule C or F tax lines that is what causes Quicken to "open the category group". For instance, I have Schedule C and Schedule E tax lines (just expenses in the case of E) associated with some categories, so Quicken shows both:

So, as long as the category/tax lines exist this part of it is covered. And given that you will be using the same data file, all of your categories/tax lines will still be there if you downgrade to Premier.

As for reports these are the tax reports that Premier has:

I don't know what reports business and rental add, but I do know that I use to use Deluxe which was missing a few of these, but it never bothered me because between Tax Schedule which even Deluxe has all of these are covered. The different sections popup as they are found for the report.

Here is for all dates which include some really old rental property expenses.

This year:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome, that's all I needed to know! Premier definitely has me covered then.

Thank you!

• markcmurphy
    Options

Guys, I'm new to this support forum so if I need to post somewhere else, just let me know (and maybe tell me how to do it!).

I've used quicken classic deluxe for 20+ years for my personal and rental properties. I run two non profits and was wondering the best way to manage them. One non profit is a cycling event (one time per year) and is really pretty straight forward income/expense. My new non profit is a bit more complex where we build houses for poor people and carry 20 yr zero interest mortgages for them.

My question is this: How can I handle this in my quicken the best way? Should I open up a new "account" in my existing quicken or should (can I?) open up a new "file" so everything is separate? Or is there something compelling that would make me want to go to quickbooks?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@markcmurphy You should click the New Post in the upper right of this page to post your own question, so that it will get the attention it deserves instead of tacked on to a question that isn't really related.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.