Backup cleanup

jacsdad
jacsdad Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

How can I remove old Backup files (Automatic and Update) that are listed in File . Restore from Backup. A lot of old entries (backup set to last 4 copies).

Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

For what it's worth, I always like keeping more than just a handful of backups. Quicken creates a new backup each time you quit the program, so four backups could go back in time just a few days; if you discover a problem with something in your data, going back just a few days may not get you to before the problem began. Since hard drive space is plentiful and backups don't take a lot of space, I recommend setting Quicken to keep at least 10, or even 25 or more backups. The ones it creates automatically will be cleared up (deleted) automatically to keep you at that limit. The ones create prior to installing each update are not delete automatically; you can throw them in the trash periodically. Although… I like having a few backups going back months or even years. Again, this is in case I discover many months belatedly that some transactions were lost or changed and I want to go back to see what those transactions were as of 6 months or a year ago.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacsdad
    jacsdad Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Thanks… after cleanup when back and adjusted to save 10 backups. Good suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.