Register columns...

Options
prine2020
prine2020 Member ✭✭

Currently, if I select the top right gear icon click on "Register columns…" absolutely nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not, but I typically am several versions behind the "latest and greatest" release. It this something that came up following an update? If that's the case then reverting to an earlier version might put things in order. If you haven't done so, close Quicken, reboot the computer, see if that shakes something loose.

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

Latest version. I only noticed it after I added a new account and tried to eliminate a couple columns. Never an issue in the past, but I haven't added a new account in a while. Will reboot and will report back if it is corrected. Thanks!

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

No change Tom.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    • Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

UKR, I followed your instructions and neither the Validate or the Super Validate corrected the situation. Thank you for the suggestions.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have the Register Columns icon just above the right-side scrollbar? Does it work for you?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

I do not have the icon located in the position you are showing. I was able to add the Register Column icon to the action bar, but nothing happens when I click on it.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

What release does Help > About Quicken show?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

Good morning. I'm using R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

I'm running the same version and have no explanation why yours lacks the ability to choose register columns.

You could try reinstalling Quicken and/or contacting Quicken Support.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Edit / Preferences / Setup make sure that there is no checkmark in "Use new subscriber settings …"
    Try the Register Columns icon again in the new account.
    Also try it in another older account.

• prine2020
    prine2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

UKR, there was no checkmark in "Use new subscriber settings".

This discussion has been closed.