Report -- Mix between "Account Balances" and "Transactions"

skydivetom
skydivetom Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Hello:

I have been using Quicken for many years, but I never (fully) utilized the many existing reports available to the user.

For the past few months, however, I've been starting to explore a few of the existing reports and I now realize their benefit/power.

Now, for the most part, I really only care to view the monthly balances of my credit card accounts (throughout any calendar year).

The 2 reports that I have been focusing on are:

1. "Account Balances"
  2. "Credit Card Transactions"

Now, neither of these 2 (as-is) reports do give me the information that I am really after.

Specifically, the "account balances" report only shows the inflows/outflows at the bottom of the report (for the entire year). See attached redacted illustration "Actual Report 1 (Account Balances).png" for details.

Next, the "credit card transactions" reports shows, the 31 Dec balances for each credit card. So, again, it only gives me the annual summary. See attached redacted snapshot "Actual Report 2 (Credit Card Transactions).png" for details.

Instead, I'd like to see a mix of these 2 reports (per credit card) where the report outputs the following:

• Sum of "total inflows" by month/year
  • Sum of "total outflows by month/year
  • Sum of "net total" by month year
  • … and possible, "total of all inflows" as well as "total of all outflows" for that year.

See attached PNG for a notional report structure.

My question:

1. Does such report already exist in Quicken? If so, what is it called (and where do I find it)?
  2. If it doesn't exist, could someone please assist me with creating a custom report that mimics this notional report?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Best Answer

• skydivetom
    Answer ✓

I found a similar report… "Income/Expense report" will do the job.

Even though, this one does include the individual categories (vs. just summing up expenses and income).

Answers

• skydivetom
    Answer ✓

I found a similar report… "Income/Expense report" will do the job.

Even though, this one does include the individual categories (vs. just summing up expenses and income).

This discussion has been closed.