Why are all my transactions put in split transactions?

Options
Stuart Schmitt
Stuart Schmitt Member ✭✭✭

How do I stop Quicken from putting all my transactions in "split transactions"?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check to make sure that you don't have Memorized Payees memorized as splits and that Quicken is using them as a template.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Stuart Schmitt
    Options

Memorized Payees seem to be categorized as"Split". How do I change that in categories?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This picture isn't of a split (I didn't have one to get a screenshot of one), but edit the memorized payee (MP). click on the "split" button, clear all the lines in the split (button at bottom). accept the change which makes it not a split.

Then, back on the original MP edit screen, select the correct category (like "Groceries" in the image) for that MP and do a save (OK).

• Stuart Schmitt
    Options

That is what I have been having to do….but I have over 100 transactions to download from my checking account and they all seem to wind up with split transactions. This will take forever to update these transactions. There has to be a way to eliminate all the new transactions that are now split. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Stu

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you changed the Memorized Payees yet? That is the first thing you need to do. Then, when you go to accept a downloaded transaction, Quicken should use the newly edited MP as the template.

It sounds like you are trying to change existing transactions in the register which once they are in the register, the MP has no impact on them.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I would do is after you enter a transaction right (or find a prior one that's right) is to memorize the good one. Do Ctrl+M and you can lock it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Stuart Schmitt
    Options

I have many checking account transactions to download. I don't want them put in "split transactions". How do I change the "Memorized Payees" to stop them from being labeled "split transactions". I can't find a webpage that will allow me to do that. Stu

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I give up, it is suggested that you do certain things and you don't indicate that you even tried them. I have no idea what finding a webpage has to do with Quicken Classic desktop.

Contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• Stuart Schmitt
    Options

My question is: Where do I find the place to change the "Memorized Payees" to delete the "split category" they all seem to have? Sorry to be so dumb. stu

This discussion has been closed.