Attachments difficulty

Options
Robert Keesecker
Robert Keesecker Member ✭✭✭

All of a sudden I am having consistent difficulty attaching documents. Either they don't attach at all, or when I attach a document when I am entering a transaction, all the other transaction information disappears. Re the latter, I have to accept the transaction, then go back into it and enter an attachment. Even then it sometimes works, sometimes not. Either way, this shouldn't happen.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Robert Keesecker,

To better assist, could you please provide more detail what is happening when you are trying to attach documents? Are you seeing any errors? If not, what does happen?

For the latter issue, where you have to accept the transaction first, then add the attachment (in order to prevent all the transaction data from vanishing), that is a known issue which has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you.

(CTP-6983)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jason Terry
    Jason Terry Member ✭✭
    Options

So I have this issue. I dont have an issue with it if I do all my attachments before I sync my transactions to match up. If I have transactions to process (to Match up or enter that I missed) This issue will appear. once I have match and dealt with all my downloaded transactions the problem disapears before the next download.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jason Terry,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Is this happening only with downloaded transactions that match with manual transactions in the register or with bill reminders? Is this affecting all of your accounts? When you update your accounts, do you use automatic entry (downloaded transactions go directly into your register and have a blue dot or a blue pencil next to them so you can see what is new/newly matched)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• mikeo@
    mikeo@ Member
    Options

I believe this issue started in release R49.33. This is the release that added the capability to drag & drop attachments. In addition to this vanishing transaction data issue, one other feature that was lost during this release was the ability to use hot keys to add attachments (Alt-c, Alt-s, and Alt-f). I use hot keys a lot and I wish Quicken would restore them.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @mikeo@,

The issue with hotkeys not working was reported in October, when you first brought it to our attention:

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.