New/Old Discussion on QuickPay

Options
taylorda1
taylorda1 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Before you Buy

I know QuickPay is defunct. I know banks and billers have disconnected. What I don't understand is why Quicken has not been more straight forward about explaining why this has happened and what they intend to do about it.

It's been a year since QuickPay began to crumble. To this day, if you only look at the Quicken Ap Interface, billers are still marked with "FIX IT" buttons and windows. If you did not know better, you would think Quicken is fixing something. But that is not what is happening. Customer service to this day has very little information themselves. If you call them they will even sign on to your Ap and direct you for an hour or more in deleting billers and trying to add them back, as if you yourself has never tried that at least fifty time before.

I pay $9.95 a month for BillPay +. Customer service will still tell you today that you get 15 QuickPays and 15 CheckPays for that subscription, never conceding that you can't actually use QuickPay with a biller. So, without the ability any longer to QuickPay, you will have to send more CheckPays and risk exceeding your CheckPay allotment and incurring additional charges.

I was using CheckPay in the eighties and with the lose of QuickPay I have returned to the eighties. Of course Quicken need to find a new mechanism to restore the QuickPay functionality but as importantly Quicken needs to fess up to what has happened and explain to subscribing BillPay customers how they will be reimbursed for the loss of functionality they are paying for.

Its been over a year, please come clean with us.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QuickPay is not defunct by a long shot. There are a few banks that have decided to transition their EWC connections support to EWC+. EWC+ is Intuit's & Quicken's response to a new standard for downloading transactions that a consortium of financial institutions have developed. Currently, EWC+ does not support QuickPay because the new standard does not support it. Quicken has said they are investigating what can be done to restore CheckPay (or replace it with something similar) but I have no idea on where they are at in that process or if they have even identified any viable option to be explored so far.

Some (a few) financial institutions have already completed this EWC-to-EWC+ transition. Others will follow suit but how many will do that and the schedule for that is not known. So far only about 10-11 financial institutions have completed the transition and of that only about 6 or so of those are banks. With over 14K financial institutions supporting Quicken, I think it's far to say that it will be quite some time before EWC+ becomes the primary connection method.

You must bank with one of these few banks since you cannot use QuickPay. That is unfortunate, especially since it doesn't look like QuickPay will be coming back to these banks anytime soon.

You mentioned that you are paying $9.95/month for Quicken's QuickPay and CheckPay services. Are you subscribed to Starter or Deluxe? If so, you should consider upgrading to Premier because you will not need to pay that $9.95/month then. Premier does cost a little more than Starter and Deluxe but it is much less than $9.95/month.

To help compensate for the loss of QuickPay, Quicken was offering additional free CheckPays for a period of time. But I do not know if that offer still stands.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.