CIT Bank two factor Authentication

Options

Since its recent website update (November 6 o7) CIT Bank is requiring a two factor authentication every time you download. Quicken needs to contact CIT to have them do a one-time authorization as it was before they updated.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @clark W,

You might need to call/navigate to the CIT Bank Website and enable third-party access (or something to that extent). One common cause of repeated 2FAs is that there is never an actual connection settled with the bank's servers causing every download to trigger as if it were a new account.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mikerdoo
    mikerdoo Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried to contact them. The person that answered tried to blame it on quicken. There is no way to enable 3rd party access from the web site.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rajuabju
    rajuabju Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Every time I run a transaction update, I'm required to complete 2FA via text code. Stated about 2 weeks ago I think.

• werks
    werks Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. It's been 3 weeks now.

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes. It's really a pain in the butt. :-(

• Steady Red
    Steady Red Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Quicken, wake up!

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

So lately I have been just ignoring the prompt regarding the 2FA and I hit cancel. The downloads occur as normal. It appears the CIT download was successful but since I haven't had any transactions lately, I can't tell for sure. Has anyone else tried doing this?

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you open the accounts tab in Quicken, you will be able to see the date of the CIT download. If the date is not the current date and time, it did not download

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

Like I wrote, after the download, it shows download successful for CIT along with all my other accounts. It's just that I don't have any new transactions for CIT so it shows 0 transactions. I believe one can simply ignore the prompt for 2 factor authorization by clicking "cancel".

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Your computer must be better than mine. Please go into TOOLS and then ACCOUNT LIST after you do the one step update. The last download time will be indicated. If it is NOT today's date and time, it did NOT actually download. If I do what you suggest and do not request a 2FA, it does not actually download. The date and time remains the last time that I used a 2FA. If I do respond and get a 2FA, it DOES download and the date and time changes. If you are downlading several accounts and/or banks or investment houses at the same time, they all should have the same date and time.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Question to moderator - how to escalate this issue so that the Quicken staff can investigate? I do not believe this is on their list of issues so it continues to be a problem to users.

• clark W
    clark W Member ✭✭
    Options

Still the same, 2FA always required on downloads since early to mid-November. Please escalate this as it slows down the process for all downloads and is very, very annoying.

• PaulS85
    PaulS85 Member
    Options

Same here. Amazed that given the number of user complaints about this issue, Quicken still hasn't resolved this with CIT! QUICKEN - PLEASE FIX SOON!

• jtgdc
    jtgdc Member ✭✭
    Options

Issue continues — although for a while a few weeks back it seemed to have been fixed. Many of us will appreciate resolution. Thanks.

• Shwamdoo
    Shwamdoo Member
    Options

I just purchased Quicken Classic for Windows and I am having this same issue - can not import CIT bank account transactions due to repeated / endless 2FA loop.

Please help resolve this issue or at least acknowledge it and let us know if it is being addressed.

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was told by a CIT representative that the bank requires this when using 3rd party software (ie: Quicken) for security reasons. Not required with direct computer access to CIT website since not using 3rd party software to login. If so, issue is NOT with Quicken, but with CIT. Next option is to close out CIT account and transfer to another more user friendly online bank

• Kscott
    Kscott Member
    Options

Still happening…I deleted the CIT account and added it back. I was able to connect once and it gave me my current balance with no history. Tried to connect again and ran into the same 2FA problem

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am tired of CIT and their problems. I just closed my accounts. Feel liberated.

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a feeling this was all about CIT Bank and not Quicken. Since 99% of my transactions with CIT are monthly interest, I have chosen to uncheck the box for the account when I do my downloads. I check it once a month to download the interest. Hopefully other banks don't start doing this.

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    Options

Smart move! I've been doing the same thing for months.

• Jim Ostell
    Jim Ostell Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is now 3 months old. Quicken, would you please be kind enough to actually tell us what is going on? Are you going to fix this? Are you discussing it with CIT Bank? Or is it a dead dog and will never be fixed? It would be nice to be able to plan how we deal with it based on actual information from you, instead of forcing all your customers to just guess.

• Airjason
    Airjason Member ✭✭
    Options

Still happening with me. Any progress?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Still happening with me. Any progress?"

See the discussion below. In that discussion, note the March 4, 2024 comment by Quicken Janean, which says:

"Hi All, we have received an update from CIT Bank regarding their MFA policy. They have stated that for enhanced security, they have opted to mandate Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for each download. If you have reservations about this choice, feel free to express your concerns directly to CIT Bank and explore the possibility of an alternative solution."

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.