CIT Bank continually asking for 2FA (QWin)

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

CIT Bank Stuck in MultiFactor Authentication Loop (QMac)

Comments

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    Options

Two factor authorization every time on an already existing account. Several weeks now.

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    Options

Spoke with a Quicken customer service representative yesterday. We deactivated and reactivated the account. The download worked immediately after that support call but has now reverted to continually requesting 2FA again. I would respectfully request that Quicken escalate this issue to a higher-level support team. Quicken customers should not be placed in the middle of finger pointing between Quicken and CIT Bank. This problem has been documented and been going on for at least several weeks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @levy76,

Our ability to escalate via this channel is very limited.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend checking your Quicken file to see if you have any accounts that are closed or inactive on the financial institution side, but still trying to connect in Quicken, since that can cause issues like this. To do that, go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, there will be a box in the lower left that you should check to show those accounts.

Then, look for any accounts that are connected, but shouldn't be. If an account thinks it's connected in Quicken, you will see the word "yes" in the Transaction Download column.

If there are any accounts that are connected and shouldn't be, then please backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once you've done that, please check to see if the issue persists.

Also, have you tested to see if the issue happens with both connection options with CIT Bank?

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina … as to your first suggestion to check "to see if you have any accounts that are closed or inactive on the financial institution side, but still trying to connect in Quicken, since that can cause issues like this…" I checked, and no hidden accounts fell into the category that weren't already deactivated.

Your other suggestion was a good one, but each connection option ultimately did not yield a different result.

Thank you for your input and your suggestions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It may be due to a change in the financial institution's security requirements. Have you checked the settings on the financial institution website? Sometimes, if they give you a "remember me" option, that can help. If your web browser security settings are set high enough that they block the cookies the financial institution uses to remember you, that could also contribute to the issue. If the financial institution website gives you the option, does temporarily turning off multi-factor authentication prevent the prompt from coming up in your Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim Ostell
    Jim Ostell Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This problem has been reported on at least 3 different threads on this forum. Lots of people have tried the various solutions. The problem continues. I would also point out this problem happened in the past, we went through the same rigamarole, and Quicken finally fixed it. Now it's back, for many people, on many threads, with no solution. It would be nice if Quicken would at least 1) acknowledge the problem, and 2) combine the threads on the same subject and move it to "known problems" so people don't keep wasting their time starting new threads. Please.

• rajuabju
    rajuabju Member ✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

Still nothing huh? My "one step update" is now a "many step update" since every time I run OSU, I need to ask for, receive, and enter TOTP for my CIT Bank account.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Installed latest R54.9. Ran OSU, got an error from Quicken instead of OTP request as usual. Deactivated online service for CIT accounts. Activated online service to CIT. Had 2 OTP requests while doing so, online service activated. Did OSU, and got same error. Bottom line: R54.9 breaks CIT Bank OSU so you cannot update online. If you want to get OSU with CIT Bank, stick to the current version. Even though entering OTP is a pain, at least it works.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I sent a problem report to Quicken with logs.

• vpiccoli
    vpiccoli Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have a solution or guidance on this yet? I'm still having the OTP request for CIT every time I run OSU. Running R54.16

• Will55
    Will55 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still a problem for me as well.

Version R54.16

• Jim Ostell
    Jim Ostell Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So this problem persists after 3 months. Quicken, would you please be kind enough to either fix it, or to tell us you are not going to fix it so we can stop wasting time reporting it to you? It would be only considerate to your customers.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Please be advised that the 2FA issue is based on the financial institution’s decision and is regulated by them, not Quicken.

However, if you feel that the amount of times you are being prompted for 2FA is incorrect, then we ask that you please submit logs via Help > Report a problem so we look into this further.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, we have received an update from CIT Bank regarding their MFA policy. They have stated that for enhanced security, they have opted to mandate Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for each download. If you have reservations about this choice, feel free to express your concerns directly to CIT Bank and explore the possibility of an alternative solution.

Thank you!

Quicken Janean

This discussion has been closed.