Why does Update Selected Account also try to update another account?

David Cook
David Cook Member ✭✭

On Quicken Classic Premier Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) for Mac.

When I choose Update Selected Online Account, I expect it to only go out to the selected account's financial institution, and not try to download transactions for any other account. With my checking account, this works fine. However, when I ask it to do this with my Chase VISA, it also prompts me for login credentials for a closed Barclays account (which is listed as closed on my accounts list.)

Is there a way to prevent this surprising behavior?

Thanks,

Dave

Answers

• David Cook
    David Cook Member ✭✭

Hi Rick —

And thanks for the clear answer. I remember a few months back when they turned off "Update selected account" completely, even for bank accts. Without warning. I complained, and apparently others did, too, because it came back eventually just as suddenly.

Re disabling downloads, there is no downloads tab on the Barclays account (maybe because it's closed?)

best,

dave

• David Cook
    David Cook Member ✭✭

OK, I did that, and it has a button to "Connect account" so I'm assuming it is already not connected. Shoulkd I report this ads a bug, do you think?

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@David Cook I'm wondering if you have, or have had, your desktop Quicien file set to sync with Quicken Cloud, and it's the Cloud server whihc is still downloading. Do you use the companion mobile app or web interface? If you don't, in your Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts, is Sync set to OFF? If not, try turning it off. Then go to Settings > Connected Services and click the Reset button for Quicken Cloud. This will insure that none of your transaction data or account credentials are in the Quicken Cloud servers.

And as RickO said, make sure you have no other Barclays accounts. Go to Accounts > Hide and Show Accounts to make sure there's nothing else previously associate with Barclays.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.