I was working with a bank account register when several of my transactions went missing.

Options
DMVantastic
DMVantastic Member ✭✭

If I search for them based on my online banking, they show up in the register—but only in search mode. I had perhaps ten transactions go wonky on a credit card register two weeks ago, but years of transactions are missing from my bank account register. I've validated accounts a couple of times but there's nothing screwy showing in the logs.

Tagged:

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried clicking on the Date column header?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure that there is no filter set at the top of the register?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DMVantastic

It sounds like you may have inadvertently set one or more filters for this one register. This may have happened when you were searching for a certain transaction, or also may have happened inadvertently.

To fix it, you just need to click on the little "Down Arrow" that is located at the top of the register just left of the word "Filters". Click it twice and then review the register to see if the "missing transactions" can now be seen.

Get back to us with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DMVantastic
    DMVantastic Member ✭✭
    Options

When I opened Quicken a few minutes ago, every transactiion was listed in the register. Ghost in the machine? Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

This discussion has been closed.