No downloads from UBS credit card (QMac)

Options

Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100). (Mac OS 13.6)

For the past week I have not been able to get transactions downloaded from my UBS credit card. Looks similar to other complaints for other financial institutions. Is the "fix" the same.? How long til Quicken fixes the issue?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Maggiec100,

In order to better assist you further, could you please elaborate and provide further details as to what exactly happens when you attempt to connect? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Maggiec100
    Options

No error codes. No messages. It seems to connect but nothing happens

• Maggiec100
    Options

I also believe that the same issue applies to my LLBean Mastercard

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you for following up!

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

[Edited to Change Windows Instructions to Mac Instructions]

-Quicken Anja

• Maggiec100
    Options
    1. I can't see a preferences link in the drop down Edit menu…WHY NOT? I have Quicken for MAC. I cannot find preferences anywhere
    2. last week I contacted an agent by phone….
    3. Basically Same suggestions as yours. Nothing changed.
    4. Contacted UBS to see if they could help. Quicken got me kicked out of my account because it kept saying incorrect password, presumably after 3 attempts by Quicken. (password was NOT…have a new password now)
    5. I have noticed that even though all log ins and passwords belong to my particular card, the number that shows up at the Quicken end belongs to the main credit card holder which is my spouse. If this actually is the card number linked to my password then obviously it would create problems. HOWEVER I have been using Quicken for 2 years without changing anything (login for UBS and password) and had no download problems from UBS til last week. (11/10/2023 onwards)
    6. I don't want to change any credit card numbers linked to UBS in case all of my transactions that go together with all the category links etc. disappear ( I have backup but then I would be back to where I started)!
    7. UBS says it's not a problem their end and shows that it is MY card that is linked to Quicken
    8. I can't make sense of this.

• LassMichInRuhe
    Options

I am having this exact same problem with the same card and all the same symptoms. I also have been using it successfully for nearly two years and it suddenly stopped working about 10 days ago (after an initial "connection issue" I successfully logged in again but now, bupkis).

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Maggiec100 To switch to a different Quicken account in Quicken Mac you want to select Sign Out from the Quicken menu. Program settings are also available from that same menu:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this exact same issue (strangely, on the exact same dates that were mentioned by another user (Maggiec100) . My UBS Visa Infinite credit card stopped updating in Quicken for Mac (subscription) as of 11/10/2023, and try as I might to get transactions to download (by signing out/signing in, disconnecting and reconnecting the account, clearing the Quicken cloud data and regenerating it), I have not been able to get my transactions to download to Quicken.

I was about ready to give up when I Googled my problem, and found this thread. Now I'm convinced that it is Quicken's issue. Is there any update on Quicken's side? Would someone be able to help me? I'm happy to share my data file to see if it's corrupted.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm going through the pain of manually entering every transaction I've made for the last few weeks into Quicken now… so I'm really hoping that this can be resolved soon.

• TEMc
    TEMc Member
    Options

I'll add my name to the list of affected accounts with the UBS Visa "no download of transactions" issue. I too have the total balance correct after updating online but no transactions coming down. I tried all the suggestions noted here to no avail (after making sure of Time Machine and Quicken backups in place).

Looking forward to Quicken recognizing there is a problem on their end and move on from focusing on the client side. And, yes, it started after the last update (maybe a solution to roll-back the Quicken Mac software?).

• ErWes
    ErWes Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue. No transactions have downloaded since November 10, 2023.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad I am not the only one! I really hope this gets resolved soon…

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation. Additionally, to investigate missing transactions, please include the following information in the problem report: 1. The name of the affected account(s) as it shows in Quicken and as it shows with the financial institution, 2. Samples of transactions that should have downloaded, but did not (date, payee, and amount), 3. Screenshots showing the posted transactions on the financial institution website and showing that they are not downloaded into Quicken.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8302)

Quicken Kristina

• RPathak
    RPathak Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, quicken connects to UBS visa but downloads no transactions after 11/14.
    Also, manually downloaded recent transactions from the UBS site will not import.
    😕

• LassMichInRuhe
    Options

Regarding the suggestion to use the "Report a Problem" feature from Kristina, I did that two weeks ago when the problem first happened and I haven't heard anything back about it.

• RPathak
    RPathak Member ✭✭
    Options

Now it is ALL of my accounts, not just UBS Visa.

They connect but do not download transactions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply @LassMichInRuhe,

You will not receive a response when you use the Report a Problem tool. To clarify; while you do not receive a response for problem reports submitted through the program, these submissions do go directly to a database that is accessible by members of our Product and Development teams, escalation teams, and other internal support channels.

Additionally, since this is an issue with missing transactions/transactions not downloading, including the following information in the problem report is essential for our teams to track down the issue: 1. The name of the affected account(s) as it shows in Quicken and as it shows with the financial institution, 2. Samples of transactions that should have downloaded, but did not (date, payee, and amount), 3. Screenshots showing the posted transactions on the financial institution website and showing that they are not downloaded into Quicken.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I will add my account to the list of issues. I can no longer download any UBS Visa card transaction. I have taken all the steps outlined by Quicken Kristina and Quicken Aja, and there is still no downloads since Nov 10. Quicken please fix this asap!!!

• Lindsaym
    Lindsaym Member ✭✭
    Options

Add my account as well - I can no longer download any UBS Visa card transactions since 11/10 - please fix!

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Kristina — Like @LassMichInRuhe I also reported a problem to Quicken two weeks ago about this too. I included a sanitized copy of my data file as well. I figured the more information you guys have, the better.

Anything that you could do to help with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm even available for a phone call with your product development team to walk them through the issue via a screen share, if that will help them resolve the issue faster.

• BBELQ
    BBELQ Member
    Options

I also "Reported a Problem" and provided screen shots. Please get this addressed!

• LassMichInRuhe
    Options

Just an update: I unlinked my account UBS Visa card from downloading and switched back to logging into the UBS site and manually downloading and importing my transactions, as I was doing for a few years before the direct download started magically working (and now has magically stopped). I really loved having it be automatic, but I love reconciling even more so I switched back. I guess sometimes good things don't last.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

What download are you using to import transactions into Quicken? I tried to download the transactions and import them, but Quicken (for Mac) didn't like them. I've been manually reconciling by hand, and hand-entering transactions… it's such a mess.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

Are there any updates on this? Two months later, I am still manually entering transactions into Quicken for this card, and I would really like the auto-downloading feature to work again….

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ajg360,

When I check the ticket, it was marked as resolved on 18 Dec. If you are still encountering this issue, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• darius74
    darius74 Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem is not resolved for me either. It happens in both Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac, and it has lasted for 2 months. Moreover, even UBS does not regard this problem as resolved. I checked with them on Friday, and they confirmed that the issue is still open, and all they could offer at this time was a manual download workaround. If anyone else is successfully auto-downloading UBS Visa transactions, I would be eager to hear about it.

• RPathak
    RPathak Member ✭✭
    Options

Darius74 - how are they suggesting the manual download? I can manually download UBS Visa transactions, but they will not import to quicken for me. Quicken will not match the downloaded transaction file with the UBS Visa account.

• darius74
    darius74 Member ✭✭
    Options

I didn’t ask for the details, because I wasn’t interested in that workaround. Sorry.

• ajg360
    ajg360 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this still isn't working for me either. I have been manually entering my UBS visa transactions into Quicken for the last two months, and it is frustrating. I'm wondering if someone from Quicken would be able to reach out to me with my e-mail address on file so I can go through this with them? I'm happy to send whatever information needed to the engineers so that this problem can get solved.

• DodoDC
    DodoDC Member
    Options

Be sure to contact UBS directly as well. It would be surprising if the bug is only at Quicken. Email: onlineservices@ubs.com

This discussion has been closed.