Renew subscription without recurrence?

Options
Charlie@
Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Before you Buy

How can I renew my subscription for a year and not have continued rebilling in every subsequent year? I want to have control over when I renew, and which credit card is used, and I cannot see how to do this.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Buying a subscription from a 3rd party vendor is certainly one option but you will need to make sure that you do that and enter the code before your current subscription expires to avoid automatic renewal.

Or, you can cancel auto-renewal in your Quicken.com online account. Once there click on "Subscriptions" and then you will have the opportunity to cancel renewal. After that, each year you will need to manually renew (when you can change payment methods) or you can set up automatic renewal, again, if you wish. You can read more about it in this Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-manage-subscription-membership-auto-renewal.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You could buy a 1 year subscription code from a third party vendor (Best Buy, Newegg, and OfficeMax are a few that come to mind). Make sure you buy one that's a renewal code for existing subscribers and not one that's for new subscribers.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Buying a subscription from a 3rd party vendor is certainly one option but you will need to make sure that you do that and enter the code before your current subscription expires to avoid automatic renewal.

Or, you can cancel auto-renewal in your Quicken.com online account. Once there click on "Subscriptions" and then you will have the opportunity to cancel renewal. After that, each year you will need to manually renew (when you can change payment methods) or you can set up automatic renewal, again, if you wish. You can read more about it in this Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-manage-subscription-membership-auto-renewal.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks to both of you for your answers. Snagged a 1 year from Office Depot (same price, though)!

This discussion has been closed.