I am thinking about getting Quicken, just for my personal finances and household budget.

Options
michael1953
michael1953 Member
edited December 2023 in Before you Buy

I need to keep track of my incomings and outgoings on a daily basis and also be able to check my record against my bank statement. Would Quicken be the right programme for me? I had Microsoft Money and I am looking for something similar.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Quicken has two different products:

1. Quicken Classic: This is a computer-based product that for Windows comes in 4 editions….Starter, Deluxe, Premier and Business & Personal. For Mac it has 3 different editions…Starter, Deluxe, and Premier. It's all the same QWin or QMac software but with different features that are turned on or off. Your subscription determines which edition you will get. The Deluxe edition, IMO, meets most people's needs. Sometimes Quicken offers reduced pricing for new subscribers. Another option is to get it from a retailer like Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Best Buy or Office Max who will sometimes have sale prices as well.
    2. Quicken Simplifi: This is a cloud-based product with only 1 edition. I don't know a lot about this product.

I should also mention that for Quicken supports the US and Canada markets and financial institutions only (for most online services such as transactions and securities downloads. For QWin and QMac there are 2 different sets of softwares…one for US and one for Canada. People outside of these markets may use these Quicken products but they will need to manually enter and update the financials data.

If you have not already done so, you might want to explore and compare the product offerings available at https://www.quicken.com/products/pricing-comparison/.

The functionality of MS Money and Quicken Classic are very similar. I used to be a MS Money user and was quite happy with it. When MS dropped downloading support for MS Money (which I really liked and wanted) back in 2010 I decided to converted my data files to Quicken Classic and have been pretty pleased with it.

What you might want to do is place an order for it and try it out for 30 days. If within that 1st 30 days you do not like it for any reason you can get a no questions asked full refund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

also - where are you located ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.