Return a business expense paid on my personal credit card.

Options

Hi folks, I'm new here.

I would like to know how to track my business expenses that have been paid via my personal credit card. Often when I am making a purchase from a large department store, a few of the items may be for my business. Is there a way that Quicken Classic Business & Personal can track how much my business needs to pay me back?

Thanks for helping me with this.

Indebele.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make the transaction from the department store a split and apply the appropriate category and tag to the amount(s) that are business related.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you use Tags for anything? I would add a tag on the credit card transactions like "business exp". Then you can run a report on just the credit card account and tag. How are you paying it back from the business? Do you have a business bank account? Then when you pay yourself back put that tag on that transaction too.

BUT, if you are filing the business on schedule C in your personal tax return it is a disregarded entity and the net profit or loss is yours personally. So you don't really have to track how you paid the expenses.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.