Show columns in P&L report

Options
agent511
agent511 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I have (just upgraded to) Quicken Classic Business and Personal. I have an older version to, somehow. On the older version under Reports:business:P&L there was a "show columns"

box that isn't there anymore

…how can I fix this?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried closing and then opening Quicken, again? Sometimes that is required after doing a version update.

Also, sometimes a subscription renewal or upgrade/downgrade edition change is not fully synced between the Quicken.com account and the Quicken Classic installation which can cause some unexpected Quicken performance issues. If rebooting Quicken does not resolve the issue for you, you might want to try signing out of Quicken and then logging back in which usually will resync everything, again.: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > YES > Sign Out > Sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• agent511
    agent511 Member ✭✭
    Options

did both your suggestions - no change. Does the "show columns" area show up on yours? Or is that just an old thing that they don't have anymore…also from another question here, using the P&L only pulls minimal transactions even though every account and every transaction and category is selected for the report. Using same criteria and Income and Expense report, there is no corruption, everything that is supposed to be pulled is pulled.

• agent511
    agent511 Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually I may have figured it out!! If you take the "bad" report, and double click a category to get the detailed view, then the extra box shows up under the settings gear icon. THEN I can save the report. It doesn't ahve the 'securities' tab, but there aren't any securities.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but I don't use the P&L report because Premier does not include that one. What I can say is that the Columns options are still available to select from in the reports that I do use.

I'm glad to hear that you have figured out a way to get what you need. Thanks for posting it here so others experiencing the same issue might see what worked for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.