R53.16 report customization update?

Options
mansart
mansart Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I saw in the release notes for version R53.16, "Modernized the Reports Customization and Reports & Graph Center dialogs", and I got so excited, as this has been something frequently proves frustrating for me. I updated, and have confirmed that I have version R53.16, but there has been no change that I can see to the Report Customization Dialogue.

• Categories still come up in a tiny little non-resizable box in a non-resizable pop-up window, making it extremely difficult to find and select categories.
  • You can search for a category, but if you search for, as an example, "Travel", it will take you to the first instance of Travel, but there is no way to jump to subsequent instances of Travel, (e.g., "Business Expense:Travel" vs a top-level "Travel").
  • When you run a saved report and it tells you that new categories have been added and asks if you want to review the changes it will show the new categories and tell you that they are sub-categories, but it won't tell you what they are subcategories of. If I have three new "Misc" sub-categories, (I don't, but just as an example), I have no way of knowing what each "Misc" is a subcategory of.

My question is, has the Report Customization dialogue actually been updated? Why am I not seeing the update?

Windows 10 Home
Quicken Classic
Version: R53.16
Build: 27.1.53.16

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit → Preferences → Early Access → select "Customize Reports":

New dialog is still not resizable, but it at least gives more space for things:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit → Preferences → Early Access → select "Customize Reports":

New dialog is still not resizable, but it at least gives more space for things:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mansart
    mansart Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks for that information, @Chris_QPW. It's kind of strange that they say in the release notes that this has been updated, but don't mention that you have to change those preferences in order to get access to the update.

Beyond that, the refresh is quite disappointing. Of the three items I highlighted above only the first is slightly better. As you mentioned, the window is still not resizable, and although it is a little wider it is no taller, still showing only seven categories at a time. The second issue hasn't been addressed at all. And the third issue I can't even test because the "Show only new categories" checkbox is broken in the new interface; it shows all categories whether the checkbox is checked or not. Basically it's a very minor cosmetic update without fixing the functionality issues at all.

Do let me know if I'm missing something.

This discussion has been closed.