US Bank Connection Failure

Options
schmieg
schmieg Member ✭✭

Quicken stopped connecting to US Bank yesterday which causes a failure and freeze during One Step Update. Resetting the account connection sent me to US Bank which tries to set up the connection through Intuit. This fails. I contacted US Bank and they say they are aware of the problem and trying to resolve it through Intuit.

I don't know whether Quicken still connects through Intuit since it broke off, but it has been working with the US Bank authentication for some time until yesterday. Apparently US Bank has done some major changes with the way its online banking works (I had to disconnect my VPN to prevent US Bank from locking me out of my account when I logon through my browser).

Hopefully, this can be resolved soon.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't experience any USB connection issues yesterday. And I just now ran OSU and 4 USB checking accounts updated properly. So, it appears that perhaps the issue might be more related to the reauthorization process than to an actual download issue. What is encouraging is that USB acknowledged the issue and that they are working with Intuit to resolve it.

Here is a high-level overview of my understanding of how Intuit is still involved with Quicken:

• Intuit spun off the Quicken software but Intuit and Quicken are still very tied together at the hip because Quicken is Intuit's customer.
    • The FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) list is what tells Quicken which FIs support Quicken, which connection method(s) they support, which types of accounts they support and which types of download/upload services they support. Financial institutions contract with Intuit to get added to the FIDIR list, Intuit then maintains and updates the list as needed and then provides that list to Quicken so the software can be updated.
    • The financial data download/upload format (.QFX files) is Intuit proprietary.
    • The protocols for downloading/uploading financial data are coordinated between Intuit, Quicken and the FIs (if not owned outright by Intuit).
    • Intuit is the data aggregator for EWC and EWC+ connected accounts. It is Intuit that contacts the FIs to download the financial data, then saves that data on the servers and then downloads that data to us during OSU and Update Now.
    • When there are connection issues it is very often (not always) a team effort involving Quicken, Intuit and the FI to fix it.

I think an overly simplistic summary of this would be as follows: Quicken owns the software, the FIs provide the data and Intuit (with Quicken's involvement) owns getting the data from the FIs to the software.

I'm pretty sure the relationship Quicken has with Intuit is much more involved that this but as you can see Intuit is still very much involved with Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• schmieg
    schmieg Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, the problem persists. I only have a credit card with US Bank, so I'm not using the Direct Connect method which might still be working. Everything seems to work correctly on the Quicken software, but the US Bank authentication goes through the logon, asking if you really want to give access to Quicken and then going into a screen with the rotating asterisk that never stops. The only thing you can do at that point is close the browser and tell Quicken to cancel.

Side note: After doing that, I do receive an email that Quicken has been added to my US Bank sharing, but it does not show up if I logon to my US Bank account through the browser when I go to the Controls - Third Party Sharing. US Bank online banking has always been a bit goofy, but it seems to have gotten worse in the last month or so.

This discussion has been closed.