How to resolve the error message "This payment cannot be made..."?

Options

Always getting "This payment cannot be made because there is a payment already scheduled at the biller web site" after auto pyment has been enable on biller website.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to decide, if you are going to want to control this payment on the biller's site or let Quicken Bill Manager handle it. You can't have it both ways. (Personally, I use the biller's website and set it to automatically payment.)

The reason you can't do both is in what the third-party service that Quicken Bill Manager is doing.

That third-party system is actually logging into the biller's website and trying to make the payment.

So, both you and that third-party service are trying so schedule a payment at the same time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to decide, if you are going to want to control this payment on the biller's site or let Quicken Bill Manager handle it. You can't have it both ways. (Personally, I use the biller's website and set it to automatically payment.)

The reason you can't do both is in what the third-party service that Quicken Bill Manager is doing.

That third-party system is actually logging into the biller's website and trying to make the payment.

So, both you and that third-party service are trying so schedule a payment at the same time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tedduncan32317
    Options

Thanks for your help. That makes sense.

It would be helpful if I could choose both. I use the auto payment function on the biller website as a fallback in case I forget to make a payment, the minimum payment is covered. I had planned to use the Quickpay feature to pay regular or additional monthly payment amounts on the biller website. I will use Checkpay instead or login to the biller website and make additional payments directly.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keep the auto payment function alive on the credit card website, for minimum amount.
    In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

If you decide to make extra payments, do so from the website as one-time immediate payments and record an appropriate additional payment transaction in Quicken.

If I may suggest, do pay off the credit card(s) with the highest interest rate first. You get out of the credit card hole faster if you can pay less towards interest charges.

This discussion has been closed.