Opening Balance set (incorrectly) to most Recent Transaction

Options
bullmoon
bullmoon Member ✭✭

I have noticed this now a few times with some accounts that the balance is wrong and I notice the Opening Balance (could an account opened years ago) gets set to the most recent transaction value and this screws up the running balance in the entire register. Today it happened on an AMEX account and an FNBO account (yes you can make FNBO work if you set it from Business to Personal - in fact, I had to also do this with my Business Amex accounts!!!) Business CCs don't work correctly lately.

What is going on with Quicken lately and all the weird issues with downloading bank transactions and updating the registers? I'm having to fix / reset / adjust too many accounts lately.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, all I can say is that the "changing of the Opening Balance transaction bug" has been around for years. It isn't something new. Most of the times when it does show up it is after "Reset" or a deactivate/activate.

Whatever it is that causes it must be pretty hard to locate because at times they have announced that they have a fix for it, but it never seems to solve the problem for everyone. The key word everyone, because this bug doesn't happen in all cases. In fact, it has to be pretty rare.

Basically, I think it is in code that no one understands. The changing of the Opening Balance transaction has a real purpose. But that purpose is only to set it when the account is first setup for online downloading of transactions.

It seems to me that even in the case of the first setup they should prompt the user before they do this and allow to block it/change the amount. But that has never happened.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.