Exclude Tag from Budget

YPestis8857
YPestis8857 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

How would I go about excluding a tag from my budget?

An example, say I have a number of transactions:

• Campsite Reservation
  • Concert Ticket
  • Museum Entrance Fee
  • Restaurant
  • Coffee Shop

I'd like to keep them in their separate categories of Outdoors, Entertainment, and Dining Out for spending analysis. They are also associated with a vacation, so I've tagged them as "Vacation". Since I've saved up for this vacation separately from my day-to-day budget, I'd like to keep all vacation-related transactions out of it.

Other possible examples of this would be a tag like "Reimbursable through Work"

Comments

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

If I understand your question correctly you can control tag display in customization of the report as shown below

• YPestis8857

Actually, I'm looking for this to be reflected in the graph view and not in reports. Reports is not very useful when I'm in a store with just my cell phone and trying to determine if I'm nearing my spending limit in that category or if I have room to splurge.

Example below: I've allocated a day-to-day budget of B for miscellaneous expenses. However, I've saved up for a vacation (not included in my day-to-day budget), and those expenses are showing up graph view, putting me over budget. Which then makes it difficult to determine how much money I have left to spend.

Mint has the ability to hide tags from budgets, and Quicken Simplifi has the ability to exclude individual transactions from spending plans. I'm wondering if I'm just not finding the feature in Quicken Windows Classic?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken's budget view doesn't allow customizing based on tags. It is a feature that has been requested a few times but has never been implemented.

What's more, it seems that you would also want that reflected in Quicken Web/Mobile, which would be another feature request.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • YPestis8857

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.