Reconciling issue

Bruce West
Bruce West Member ✭✭

How is this even possible? There is no difference between the online balance and the quicken balance and yet it shows a $2,111.96 difference. The last reconciliation worked fine.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Check your reconciliation history, I suspect you'll find one of them is off by the same amount. That happens sometimes, not much you can do about it except to clear the reconciliation history & rereconcile the account, or check your backups to see if you can find one without that error in the reconciliation history.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For a credit card account register, if you owe money to the credit card company, the Running Balance must be a negative amount (typically shown in red numbers). The register must be sorted correctly by Date.
    Please review your account register for
    - correct Opening Balance transaction amount
    - all transactions are entered correctly, e.g., credit card charges with a negative amount, credit card payment transfers with a positive amount
    - no duplicate transactions, no unreviewed transactions, no missing transactions

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

How is this even possible? There is no difference between the online balance and the quicken balance and yet it shows a $2,111.96 difference.

@Bruce West Actually, the top of the window shows there is a difference: the online balance is negative $1,055.98 and the Quicken balance is positive $1,055.98. The difference is 1,055.98 x 2 = $2,111.96, exactly as shown.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • TXJean
    TXJean Quicken Mac Subscription Member

I recently uploaded a backup file to a new iMac and have experienced several issues. Lots of Apple Card payments became "uncleared" during the backup, for one. When I attempted to re-reconcile this problem shows up - the Reconciliation Summary ending balance is different from the beginning balance of the following month. Why? Shouldn't the starting balance of the following month be equal to the ending balance of the month before? Why can't the erroneous beginning balance. AND the ending balance be edited? What exactly happens when the reconciliation history is cleared, as Jon suggests? I have a whole series of incorrect reconciliations that are off because of the newly "uncleared" Apple Card payments. I've considered deleting the checking account and starting from scratch!

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

If the only thing that's wrong is the cleared/reconciled status of the transactions then just clear the reconciliation history & rereconcile. Deleting the account would be needlessly throwing away years worth of transactions.

This discussion has been closed.