Memorized & Renaming rules not working

Options

I've tried every scenario to get this to work and nothing changes. After Quicken downloads transactions from any account, it always shows a cryptic payee. Then, when I try to enter a new one over it, the pop-up window for renaming/memorize never appears. I've tried manually entering it into the Renaming rules and nothing. I've attached a screen shot from my Register. Nothing I do changes this the next time it appears in my Register.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are your Preferences for Downloaded Transactions set like is highlighted in yellow in this picture?:

Also, are your Preferences for Data Entry and QuickFill set as highlighted in yellow in this picture.:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jaltenbernd
    Options

Yes. I have all of those checkboxes selected. Is it the way I'm selecting the "downloaded transaction" in the bottom window? My process is:

1. I click on the Item in the "Downloaded Transactions" which hasn't been renamed.
    2. The item then appears in my Register
    3. I rename the Payee
    4. Hit Enter to add the item to the register
    5. And NO window pops ups to ask me if I should create a Renaming rule.

Is this not the process to add one?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you checked your Renaming Rules to see, if there's already a rule in existence which messes things up? If so, delete it.

Try adding a new register transaction with the desired correct Payee Name, category, etc. BEFORE selecting one of the downloaded transactions.
    If everything works as it should, the downloaded transaction should change from status = New to Match. If it did, click to accept it.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding the missing pop-up, on that pop-up is a checkbox to "Always create a renaming rule and don't ask me again". Presumably you checked that box at some point. You may be able to get that prompt back through Edit / Preferences / Alerts & Messages, but that reset will be for all such "Don't ask" prompts. Missing the pop up is also not the root of your issue. Not having the correct or correctly applied rules is the problems. As such, I'd be hesitant to do the reset, but you can try it if all else fails.

• Losecco
    Losecco Member
    Options

I, too, have this issue. I am not getting the pop-up when I change the Payee in my downloaded transaction. I have ensured that all of the highlighted preferences that Boatnmaniac indicated are checked, have checked my Renaming Rules as UKR suggested (and cleaned them up as well), and reset my Alerts & Messages as q_lurker recommended. But still no joy.

What am I missing?

Essentially, the instructions below from the Quicken Help do NOT work as described—specifically the items in Step 4 (i.e., no renaming rule is created, nor does the "secondary dialog" appear):

• jaltenbernd
    Options

Unfortunately, I have tried everything suggested here and nothing has worked. No renaming popup appears no matter what steps I take from the suggestions above. Must be something wrong either with installation or some other issue. Will keep trying.

This discussion has been closed.