US Bank QFX file import error

Options
fishyOne
fishyOne Member ✭✭

Hello,

I'm having the same problem reported elsewhere here.

I try to import a .qfx file to Quicken — downloaded from US Bank. A brief message indicates that transactions are loading — but nothing appears.

It is for a few months, 7/1/23 to 10/9/23. .Qfx before and after load fine.

I'll ask the bank again on Friday, but they sent me to Quicken today.

I'd like to know if others are having a similar problem with US bank.
Thanks

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is an Alert regarding missing transactions with USB accounts that are set up for download via the EWC+ connection method (UPDATED 11/21/23 US Bank - Missing Transactions (EWC+)).

But it sounds to me like you are using the WC connection method (i.e., manually downloading transactions in QFX format and then manually importing that file into Quicken so that Alert likely is not be applicable to your situation. If my assumption is correct, read on.:

A brief message indicates that transactions are loading — but nothing appears.

If, indeed, transactions were loaded (even though nothing appears) at any time previously then you will not be able to download those same transactions, again. Quicken remembers the transactions history and will block those same transactions from being loaded, again. This is by design and it is intended to prevent duplicate transactions from being entered into the account register in the future. There is no way to reset the account so that those transactions can be downloaded and imported, again.

You might want to try restoring a backup file from before when you first tried downloading transactions for those dates into Quicken. Then perhaps you'll be able to import transactions for those dates because Quicken will not have already established a memory of a prior import being done.

Another option you might want to try is as follows. I believe it should work but cannot guarantee it.:

1. Backup your data file.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    3. Try importing the transactions file, again > When prompted, tell Quicken to Add it as a new account…do NOT Link it to the existing account.
    4. When the new account is set up and the transactions added to the register: Click on the earliest transaction in that date range > scroll down to the last transaction in that date range and click on it while holding down the Shift key (this will shade all of the transactions in that date range) > Right click anywhere on the shaded transactions > Move Transaction(s) > select the original account that you had deactivated earlier > OK.
    5. Confirm that all transactions in the new account were moved to the original account.
    6. Delete the new account: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Delete Account > YES > OK.
    7. The next time you have new transactions to download and import as a QFX file, you will be prompted to decide what to do with it. Make sure you Link it to your original account that is still in Quicken. (NOTE: If the account register balance does not match the online balance, check to see if the import process added a 2nd Opening Balance transaction. If it did, you will need to manually delete it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.