Asset Allocation Report Showing Closed Investments

Options
tjb201
tjb201 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

When I run Reports/Investing/Investment Asset Allocation, it shows options that are closed. By closed I mean options that have 0 balance and that are hidden. I don't anything in the Customize dialog boxes that would allow me to filter them out. Thoughts?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Customize → Securities tab, select Include only selected securities, and Show (hidden securities). Go through security list and deselect the securities you don't want shown.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it appears to me you have closed the positions correctly. If I understand the tabulation correctly, Quicken seems to be reporting you have both a long position and a short position in those three securities.

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The error causes ALL closed Options positions to be listed incorrectly. It only happens on the latest Quicken update. Others have suggested reverting to Quicken R52.33. See the other post thread on this issue. I did that and the problem disappears.

• slopok
    slopok Member ✭✭
    Options

R53.16 and the Asset Allocation report in "Investing - Allocations" is faulty. All Positions entered as ShtSell and zeroed out as CvrShrt appear as a double entry (the short sell and the cover). Goes back to 2013. Can remove the older data but have to restructure with "don't show" hidden securities each time I run and any positions I don't hide duplicate.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Burny
    Burny Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I had started the "other" post on this.

The issue in this thread is the same I'm dealing with. This started with R53.16 and disappears of you downgrade to the prior release 52.33

Most importantly, I had reported this error to Quicken Support but unfortunately it's not listed yet on their "known issues" list.

• tjb201
    tjb201 Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the suggestion given by slopok "R53.16 and the Asset Allocation report in "Investing - Allocations" is faulty. All Positions entered as ShtSell and zeroed out as CvrShrt appear as a double entry (the short sell and the cover). Goes back to 2013. Can remove the older data but have to restructure with "don't show" hidden securities each time I run and any positions I don't hide duplicate."

…and it worked. I ran the report, went to the Securities tab, and deselected Show (hidden securities). Thank goodness I have a routine to hide my expired options each month to keep the securities list from being unmanageable.

This discussion has been closed.