Cost Basis for My Stocks

Options
jewhit
jewhit Member
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

This is why I've owned Quicken What happened. This is very unsatisfactory. We need a column that adds up the cost basis for our purchases of stock. Every single web site of financial institutions has it. Quicken become irrelevant without it. ASAP.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are going to have to explain a lot more of where and what you are looking at.

Quicken Windows shows the cost basis is several places. And for instance, the Portfolio Value and Cost Basis report totals both for whatever securities you select and for a given interval. There is also the Investing Tab → Portfolio view that can be customized.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to see the lot detail behind your current holdings of a security, that's easy.

If you open an Account's Holdings window you see each security you own along with information as to Quote/Price, Market Value, Number of shares, etc.

If you have multiple lots of a security you see a plus sign ("+") along side the security name. Click on that and you see all the lot detail making up the total basis. You can also do this in Portfolio View if the grouping is by Account.

If what you literally want is a list of every "purchase" of a stock, that's pretty easy too. Create an Investment Transactions Report covering the Time Period/Account/Security in question and limit the Action associated with transactions to Bought actions, maybe including ReinvDiv and other "reinvestment" actions if the security was acquired via those other methods.

This discussion has been closed.