Portfolio Value report shows incorrect share balance with 'Don't Subtotal' option

Options
Qkn Premium
Qkn Premium Member ✭✭
edited January 13 in Reports (Windows)

Until recently (cant remember the date and actual quicken release) portfolio value report was correctly showing the total number of shares for securities held across different brokerages. However, I just noticed that the total number of shares is incorrectly totaled in the report. As an example:

Brokerage A:

GOOGL 40

Brokerage B:

GOOGL 60

Portfolio Value report shows total number of shares with 'Don't Subtotal' setting as 140 while it should have been 100.

When I subtotal by Account it shows the correct numbers as above. Also it should be noted that the total balance amount is correct with and without the 'Don't Subtotal' setting.

Is this a known bug or was there a change made to the way reports are generated?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any chance this is a report that you've customized and saved under a previous version?

For whatever reason "updates" of the program have been known to affect saved reports, resulting in odd presentations. Sometimes nearly editing the report will bring it back in line, and in some cases you have to reconstruct the saved report starting with a new report.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Qkn Premium
    Qkn Premium Member ✭✭
    Options

@Tom Young - Yes this was a customized report and I did try and reconstruct it with the same results. I see the discussion thread posted by q_lurker is similar to what I am experiencing. So this is a known issue awaiting a fix from Quicken.

• Qkn Premium
    Qkn Premium Member ✭✭
    Options

They have fixed this issue in the latest release R53.26 which was released in the last couple of days.

This discussion has been closed.