Cannot Download Sallie Mae Evolve Credit Card

Options
DavidSmith
DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭

Appears Sallie Mae has transferred accounts over to First Trust and Bank Ignite card. Is this being addressed.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please explain what you mean by "Is this being addressed."

Also, you mentioned "First Trust and Bank." A Google search did not turn up anything regarding a bank by that name. Did you mean "First Bank and Trust," instead? If so, which one? If you have a website for it, that might be helpful in determining if they support Quicken.

Have you tried contacting the bank to see if they support Quicken?

Did Sallie Mae provide you with any information regarding how downloads from the Ignite card are affected?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry it is "First Bank and Trust".

The Sallie Mae site redirects to:

https://cards.theignitecard.com/

Their is a FAQ on that site. It refers to the "First Bank and Trust" at the bottom:

"The Ignite Card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings SD pursuant to a license by Mastercard."

Sallie Mae did not provide any info upfront on the change.

I am still chasing with both Sallie Mae and First Bank to see what info they can provide on Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

There are 5 different "First Bank and Trust" financial institutions to choose from in Add Account or Set Up Now. "First Bank and Trust Billings SD" is not one of them. But Brookings SD might just be the location where the credit card is managed and shipped out from. A lot of banks issue their credit cards from Brookings and other locations in SD. There must be something special about SD regarding that. Maybe there is a contractor there that just processes credit cards for all those locations.

There is no financial institution listed for "The Ignite Credit Card".

The financial institution(s) involved in these types of product/service transfers must contract with Intuit (the aggregator) to update their FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) listing or to get added to it. Until they do this you will not be able to update your Ignite CC account information and will not be able to include that CC in OSU transactions downloads. This is not something that Quicken can do because Quicken does not own the FIDIR. It is controlled by the contract between the financial institution(s) and Intuit.

From what little you have been told and what little you have told me it appears that perhaps Sallie Mae, Ignite or First Bank and Trust may have dropped the ball regarding Quicken.

Where do you have your online account set up for this CC? Log in there to see if there is any information available regarding this. Or call their customer service. Ask them if they support downloading this CC into Quicken and, if so, how to set up Quicken for doing the downloads. You might need to ask to speak to someone in technical support because most front line customer service folks know almost nothing about Quicken, if anything at all.

Another option while you are logged into your online account is to see what kinds of transactions or statement downloads they offer. If they offer downloads in .QFX format (sometimes also referred to as "Quicken" or "Web Connect" formats) that is good because it means that at a minimum you should be able to manually download/import a transactions file from that online account. If you can do that, then maybe we can use that to back into getting OSU downloads set up.

Also, if you would provide me the URL for the webpage that you log into your online account (just the URL, not any login information), then I can take another look at the FIDIR list to see if there might be a match listed.

Let me know what you find out.

• Stephen3003
    Options

I was able to find the First Bank by typing in ‘First Bank & Trust’. There is a Brookings, SD option.

However this won’t allow Sallie Mae Ignite credit card holders as their website requires the user to register with them. I went to their website to register but they don’t recognize my credit card which is required to register for accessing my credit card with them.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Have you tried calling First Bank & Trust and/or the phone number for Ignite Cards to ask about where you need to set up your online account for the card and if they support or will be supporting downloads of transactions into Quicken?

It sounds to me like that is what you will need to do because I am not seeing anything about this card and Quicken in my Google and Quicken Community searches.

• Stephen3003
    Options

Not important enough to me to spend time with a bank that I never opened an account. Note that Mint has the same problem as I only recently switched to Quicken due to Intuit’s decision to terminate Mint this January. There it’s quite possible that Sallie Mae needs to coordinate with First Bank and Quicken to expedite this problem.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sallie Mae and/or First Bank need to contract with Intuit (the aggregator), not with Quicken, if they have not done so already. They cannot and will not be supported by Quicken until they complete the contract with Intuit. Once that contract is completed, Intuit will work with them to add them to the FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) list. The FIDIR is what tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, which connection method(s) they support and which services and types of accounts they support for download into Quicken. Quicken Inc. has contracted with Intuit to manage and provide the FIDIR list to them for integration with the Quicken software.

Note that even if one of them has contracted with Intuit and is or will be added to the FIDIR list, if you do not have an online account with the appropriate financial institution you will not be able to download into Quicken. So, if you do not want to contact them to find out what they do or plan to support and who you should set up your online account with, then you will not be able to download your credit card transactions into Quicken.

Of course, you do not need to do that and can instead set up your credit card as an offline account and manually enter transactions. The choice as to which path you wish to take is yours.

• Stephen3003
    Options

Didn’t know that Intuit still had ties with Quicken as after they sold it in 2009, they decided to support their Mint software. Also as Intuit will no longer support Mint - it appears to me that there is no reason for Quicken to expect any assistance from Intuit.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Intuit spun off the Quicken software (in 2016, not 2009…maybe you are thinking of MS shutting down MS Money which occurred in 2009/2010?) but retained the rights to the proprietary download formats, the aggregation services and probably several other things. Quicken Inc. pays Intuit for those services and the license to use their proprietary download file format. Since Quicken is a revenue stream for Intuit, since there is a long-term contract between the two and since they are both heavily involved in the development and implementation of the EWC+ connection method (which is their response to a new standardized download format developed by a large consortium of major financial institutions) I am fairly confident that Intuit will be around of Quicken for some time, yet.

This discussion has been closed.