Has anyone else experienced issues with Wells Express Connect since they made the changes?

Options
JCSAZ
JCSAZ Member ✭✭

My reauthorization for my accounts happened on Wednesday. I have had nothing but trouble with account balances not matching on Quicken versus online, large manual adjustments had to be made to reconcile two of my accounts, my accounts do not auto reconcile - now the process is manual, and random transactions don't clear on my register, but confirmed cleared online. What a mess. Using Win 10 with Quicken Version R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16 Never had issues like this before the changes. Once in a while had to reset an account. That method and deactivating and reactivating do not solve these issues.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

A few things you might want to look into:

1. Sometimes when a connection method is changed in Quicken, the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount is changed. Restore a backup from before when your WF account was changed to EWC+ (it can be from a long time ago or just before the EWC+ change occurred) and look at the Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts….write them down. Then open your main data file and see if the Opening Balance dollar amounts in each of your accounts matches what you wrote down. If they do not, change the dollar amounts to match what you wrote down. (I also suggest that you enter and save the correct Opening Balance dollar amounts in the Memo field. Do the same for all of your connected Spending and Savings accounts. It can be very helpful if this issue should ever occur in the future, again.)
    2. Sometimes when a connection method is changed, duplicates of some transactions will get entered into the account register. Scroll through the registers looking for any duplicate transactions. If you find any, keep one of the transactions and delete the other. Generally, if there are any duplicate transactions entered they will appear within the 90-days window prior to the connection change.
    3. If you have entered any balancing transactions into the account registers since EWC+ was cut in, delete them.
    4. Usually, #1-#3 will resolve account balance issues that occurred after the connection method was changed. If a balance issue still exists, look through the register(s) for a 2nd Opening Balance transaction that has a different date and/or a different dollar amount than the original Opening Balance transaction. If you find one, delete it.

FYI: None of these issues are specific to EWC+. They can sometimes happen with any change in connection methods.

Did this resolve your account balances issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

A few things you might want to look into:

1. Sometimes when a connection method is changed in Quicken, the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount is changed. Restore a backup from before when your WF account was changed to EWC+ (it can be from a long time ago or just before the EWC+ change occurred) and look at the Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts….write them down. Then open your main data file and see if the Opening Balance dollar amounts in each of your accounts matches what you wrote down. If they do not, change the dollar amounts to match what you wrote down. (I also suggest that you enter and save the correct Opening Balance dollar amounts in the Memo field. Do the same for all of your connected Spending and Savings accounts. It can be very helpful if this issue should ever occur in the future, again.)
    2. Sometimes when a connection method is changed, duplicates of some transactions will get entered into the account register. Scroll through the registers looking for any duplicate transactions. If you find any, keep one of the transactions and delete the other. Generally, if there are any duplicate transactions entered they will appear within the 90-days window prior to the connection change.
    3. If you have entered any balancing transactions into the account registers since EWC+ was cut in, delete them.
    4. Usually, #1-#3 will resolve account balance issues that occurred after the connection method was changed. If a balance issue still exists, look through the register(s) for a 2nd Opening Balance transaction that has a different date and/or a different dollar amount than the original Opening Balance transaction. If you find one, delete it.

FYI: None of these issues are specific to EWC+. They can sometimes happen with any change in connection methods.

Did this resolve your account balances issue?

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Issue resolved. The credit card account was the problem. The opening balance was incorrect and two line item charges were categorized incorrectly to a transfer to the checking as deposits.

Thank you for the input

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for confirming the cause and resolution of the issue. I should have also mentioned that transfer categories can sometimes get messed up a bit so I'm glad you were able to identify that yourself. Hopefully this thread will be of help to others who experience this issue.

This discussion has been closed.