Another User with a Broken "What If Tool" for a Loan's "Extra Monthly Payment"

Options

Windows 10 Home, Quicken Deluxe for Windows, Version R53.16, Build 27.1.53.16.

Looks like this is a common issue, but not everyone is getting past it.

I am a new user (well, returning to Quicken after 20-some years). I linked online to my Loan Servicer. Quicken found the account (using Express Web Connect). I put in all of the missing background information (loan origination date, original amount, etc.). I linked it to a "Linked Asset Account" which is my house based on current comparables for the neighborhood (entered manually). All the loan numbers are matching up.

If I try to use the "What If Tool" to look at the impact of adding extra principal payment:

1. If I put in a "one time payment" of $10000, it brings my Payoff date in 7 months earlier.
  2. If I "paid an extra $10000 in principal per payment (Monthly)", it brings my Payoff date in 7 months earlier.

The Payoff Date, the Total Interest, and the Interest Savings are reporting exactly the same numbers.

I tried to Validate the file as suggested in another thread, no difference.

I called Support yesterday, and the tech was going to look into it further and get back to me, but no luck yet.

Tagged:

Comments

• BradW
    BradW Member
    Options

I just got an update earlier this week, and now it's working. Don't know if anything really changed in the update or if I did something in the meantime, but it's now tracking as expected.

• Clark W Griswold
    Options

Same issue

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Clark W Griswold,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Did updating to the newest version of Quicken correct the issue (or change it at all)? When did you first notice this issue? Did you perform a Validate, as the original poster did, and if so, what were the results?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.