Bass Pro Capital One

Options

While adding a new card, Quicken adds this credit card as a Check/Savings account and no other options are available. I wasted my time with a [Removed - Speculation] Quicken support session replicating exactly everything that I had already done as well as a phone call to a [Removed - Disruptive] bank tech. Both blame each other. I've just removed and readded today and the issue still exists. I don't suppose anyone has a workaround to change the account type? It is non-editable in the interface.

Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

During the Add Account setup process, did you get a popup prompting you to decide what to do with the downloaded account data that looks something like the following picture? If so, was the Type field shaded? If so, you should be able to click on that field and change or correct the type shown there.

Another option you might want to consider doing is to first setup a manual offline credit card account and then do Set Up Now instead of Add Account to set up the online connection.:

1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Delete the account that was set up incorrectly.
    3. Add Account > Offline Account > Credit Card > follow the prompts > for the Opening Balance select any statement date and use any dollar amount ($0 would be fine).
    4. Account Register: Delete the Opening Balance transaction.
    5. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the setup prompts > if you are prompted about what to do with the downloaded account data be sure to Link it to the manual account you just created in Quicken. If the Type is incorrect and if the field is shaded, try to correct the type by clicking on the shaded Type field.

Did any of this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.