Checking Register is missing a transfer

BobSc
BobSc Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

My bank (Sandy Spring) updated their service, and I had to disconnect and reconnect to use the new service. Since then, (11/2) transactions are now appearing to download, however the online balance is updating correctly every day.

Called support, sent logs, no answer.

I just noticed that I have a payment to a credit card (downloaded from the credit card site) that shows a transfer to the Checking account in mid-November, but the matching transaction is NOT in the Checking register.

It seems like transactions after the cut over are not visible, but there somehow.

There is no transaction visible for that transfer.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I would try editing that transaction and re-creating the Category. Or create a new transaction with the transfer, and delete the one shown. (That doesn't explain what happened or why; it's just a way to move forward.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BobSc

that fixes one transaction but not the 40+ i am missing. There used to be a correction utility for quicken data files. Is there still one?

• jacobs

Correction utility? I don't recall such a thing.

Do you perhaps mean a place where you can edit data in multiple transactions at once? You can select multiple transactions — click on one and Shift-click on another to select all the transactions between them, or Command-click on multiple transactions to select each one — and then pull down the Transactions menu to Edit Transaction.

• BobSc

sorry, I’m a Quicken user for over 15+ years. On windows, Intuit used to supply a utility which would check the Q data files for corruptions of indices, missing transfers, etc - and “fix/repair” corrupted Q database.

My banking connection is clearly working - every day the online balance is correct.

No new transactions ever get downloaded.

transfers into that account - from other downloaded accounts - seem to go into a black hole.

Fixing the one transfer doesnt fix the overall account problem.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In Windows there is a Validate file and Super Validate tool.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs

In Quicken Mac, there is no such tool. Quicken Mac uses a much more modern and robust database program which is not prone to the types of corruption which occur with older databases like the one used in Quicken Windows.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t ever bugs in Quicken Mac, but database corruption isn’t the source of your problem.

This discussion has been closed.