"Estimate Amount for Me" missing "Current credit card balance"

Options

When setting up the Bill Reminder for my newest credit card (a retail store Master Card at Comenity.net) does not show the option to have Quicken estimate the bill by using the current credit card balance. All my other cards are set up that way. It only shows "Fixed Amount", "Previous Payments" and "Time of Year", none of which are appropriate for a credit card.

I am on Quicken Classic Deluxe Build 27.1.56.13. The "account details" tabs seem to be set up exactly like my other credit cards, including Express Web Connect for downloading transactions.

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the bill reminder connected to an online bill?

When connected to an online bill Quicken ignores all of the "estimate" options.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

And if it isn't connected to an online bill …
    If you're trying to create either a Manual Bill Reminder with a Category = "[account register name]" or a Transfer Reminder … did you fill in the new credit card register name as category or transfer-to-account before attempting to set the "Estimate amount for me" option?
    Quicken needs to know the category or to-account before its program logic can give you the estimate credit card balance option.

• JTGigi
    JTGigi Member ✭✭
    Options

I do not have it connected to an online bill but you are so right that I didn't have the credit card account in the category field !!! All my other ones that work do, and yes, fixing that enabled me to select "Current credit card balance". I am so sorry for bothering you on this and not figuring it out myself, particularly since I've been using Quicken for about 20 years! Thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.