Missing manual transactions

Options
glpike_01
glpike_01 Unconfirmed, Member

Several old manually entered transactions are now missing and were not altered by me creating incorrect account balances.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not a lot to go on here. Did you simply open your data file and immediately discover the problem? Did you open the file, do a One Step Update, and then discover the problem? Did you start Quicken, accept an update to the program, and discover the problem when you opened the file, after you did a OSU, or something?

Hopefully you have Quicken set to make a backup of the data file each time you close the program. If that's the case then the first thing I'd do is open "yesterday's" file, not accept any updates, not do any downloading, and check to see if that data file is intact.

• glpike_01
    Options

I opened the file and did a one-step update as I always do as prompted and then saw incorrect balances. I did not do an OSU. No update of Quicken software is offered as I use the online subscription version. I need to check if the file is being backed-up and to what date. Thank you.

• glpike_01
    Options

One more thing. There are transactions missing from two accounts as far back as January of this year. Some are; some not. I do not use banking downloads as my banks are not supported and enter all transactions manually.

• glpike_01
    Options

My files are being backed-up, but tough to know which one to pick.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I did not do an OSU."

I lapsed into jargon there. OSU = One Step Update

"No update of Quicken software is offered as I use the online subscription version."

The online subscription version is updated, and updated frequently. If you don't have User Account Control activated then you're not prompted for the update and you might not even know one has occurred. Do Help > About Quicken and see what version you're on. One thing to check in all Accounts is changes in Beginning Balances. It seems like downloads, once in a while and for unknown reasons, change that balance. That could be the source of the some of the problems.

IF you did get an update downloaded to you then the update process always makes a backup of the data file before downloading and installing the update. Use Windows File Explorer to open the Backup folder that's in Documents > Quicken and look at the "Date Modified" column for the most recent file.

This discussion has been closed.